How can I get him to notice me?

Announcements Posted on

I started a new job about a month ago and there is a guy there who seems really nice. Problem is, he doesn't know me and he works in a completely different department in a building full of ~500 people so there's no real chance we'll ever get to know each other properly.

He did the same programme with work last year that I'm doing now so I think I could find things to talk about with him if I ever get the opportunity. I had a chance to meet him with a group of people a few weeks ago but for a number of reasons, it didn't happen. I know it's stupid to be trailing round after someone I've never met but he seems so sweet and I don't know what to do. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Introduce yourself to him when he's alone and say you don't know many people there, and then ask if he'd be willing to show you around. Or think of some particular reason to need to talk to him and go for it.

Eye contact, smiling, talking to someone.
    Stalk him on the intranet and see if hes involved in anything in the company or you know anyone who knows him.
    What about cafeteria or social things run by your organisation?

You could do worse than just introducing yourself and taking it from there.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.