The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medicine Partners 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Hellomynameis..
I guess its good news that none of us have gotten a rejection yet . It may mean they are thinking about lower UKCAT threshold. Just don't lose hope. Maybe very soon we get interviews. But hey, like they say "No news is good news"

I guess we will have to just wait and see, focus on our studies and wish for the best. Wish u guys the best of luck with ur applications.

Aw thanks I really hope they lower the threshold
I got one with 660 ukcat if u want some kind of reference point, hopefully you'll all get one! BTW does predicted grades have any bearing on it?
Reply 162
Original post by chrisdale98
I got one with 660 ukcat if u want some kind of reference point, hopefully you'll all get one! BTW does predicted grades have any bearing on it?

I think online it says that as long as you meet the minimum for what they ask they don't look at grades any further. Also since you have an interview it seems you will only be judged on that good luck with it! If it helps my friend got AAB and is studying at Newcastle now 😊
Just got rejected from Newcastle. Only have Keele and Barts left
Reply 164
Original post by Hellomynameis..
Just got rejected from Newcastle. Only have Keele and Barts left

Aww no! Best of luck with the rest of your unis! I think my friend is waiting back to hear from keele too- I still haven't heard back from Newcastle but I think it will be a rejection too
Original post by Sam.97x
Aww no! Best of luck with the rest of your unis! I think my friend is waiting back to hear from keele too- I still haven't heard back from Newcastle but I think it will be a rejection too

Gd luck. All the best with ur application.
How did everyone's interview go ? Had mine a few days ago and keep going over things I could've said haha ! The medical school is sooo good too
Reply 167
Just got rejected with 646 ukcat. The boundary must be quite high this year. Good luck to everyone still waiting/ people who have interviews! Hope it all goes well:biggrin:
Hopefully offers are given this coming week!!!
Original post by DR.SAAB
Hopefully offers are given this coming week!!!

It'll probably be this week or next. Im not holding my breath tho, one of my interviewers went off on a tangent and only gave me less than 10 seconds to answer a really hard question. I couldn't come up with an answer. Everything else was between decent and great tho. With competition so tight at Newcastle compared to some others I doubt I'll get one 😫
OFFER! came through in chemistry lel
Reply 171
Original post by mancmed
OFFER! came through in chemistry lel

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Still waiting over here. I've never been so stressed out.
GOOD LUCK to everyone!
Original post by L.Khan
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Still waiting over here. I've never been so stressed out.
GOOD LUCK to everyone!

I've been permanently stressed and deflated for last few weeks. I've never felt such a drive to do chemistry revision hahaha. Good luck to you too :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Just got an offer are 11:58!! Partners applicant so happy
Reply 174
Congratulations 🎉
Still waiting to hear...
Reply 175
Original post by L.Khan
Congratulations 🎉
Still waiting to hear...

Update:got my Partners offer at 2:00 pm. So happy!
Original post by L.Khan
Update:got my Partners offer at 2:00 pm. So happy!

Congrats man (or woman haha)
I got in!!!!!My prediction of offers coming soon was right!!!! So happy!!! Congrats everyone:smile::biggrin:
Should we make a group chat so we know each other a bit before the summer school?
Reply 179
Original post by mancmed
Should we make a group chat so we know each other a bit before the summer school?

Wooooo got one too!! any group chats made?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending