Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just got my comp back after getting a trojan or something and now I'm looking for a firewall, but which one should I get (commercial or free, free preferably)? Also, is Zonealarm any good?

Another Q is how do I turn off those annoying messages about spyware you get when you first install XP?

ReputationRep:
    I've got Zonealarm (free version though) it's works quite well i find.

To turn off those messages:

Start>settings>control panel>administrative tools>services>messenger (right click)>recovery tab, take no action for all attempts and stop the service under the general tab.

ReputationRep:
    Outpost firewall (free in some places )
    I have used zonealarm pro (and the bog standard free one) and imo outpost is much better...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guy's I've got zonealarm now and avg, I'll get the commercial ones soon, now that I have the basics. My ntlworld email is slow though...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.