Does using dating site/tinder mean you failed as a man?.

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I am shy, and so I don't have the courage to approach women on the street.
    So I use dating sites/tinder.

Does that mean I failed as a man?.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly not.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Obviously.

/end thread

ReputationRep:
    Nope it means you live in the 21st century.

ReputationRep:
    Where did the notion come from that you need to "be a man"? Or that you need a woman in order to be a man?

Who cares about such trivial matters. What matters is your current and real problems. Currently, it seems like you're shy. There's loads of ways to work on that - bear in mind you can still be a calm, collected and cool person. Take Charismaoncommand's videos for example on youtube. Go ahead.

I'm 17 and I don't want to call myself a man yet - even when I'm 25 or something. I'm still a kid at heart!!

ReputationRep:
    It's easier. When I just turned 18 I used to go on the pull all the time, chat up girls and that. Once Tinder came around though, it just makes everything so much easier. No need to get dressed up looking sharp to go out. You can't just go up to a girl in the club and dive right in there with "the move", you've gotta graft a bit first - with Tinder, my opening line has often literally just been something really sexual and they've gone right with it.

So yeah, using apps isn't an alternative when you have no other choice, it's just an option which many prefer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    It's easier. When I just turned 18 I used to go on the pull all the time, chat up girls and that. Once Tinder came around though, it just makes everything so much easier. No need to get dressed up looking sharp to go out. You can't just go up to a girl in the club and dive right in there with "the move", you've gotta graft a bit first - with Tinder, my opening line has often literally just been something really sexual and they've gone right with it.

So yeah, using apps isn't an alternative when you have no other choice, it's just an option which many prefer.
    Yeah, but agree with me that chatting up girls face to face requires courage.
    Tinder and tge datung site do not require courage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virtualman)
    Yeah, but agree with me that chatting up girls face to face requires courage.
    Tinder and tge datung site do not require courage.
    Oh absolutely, just saying that using it doesn't mean you've 'failed as a man'. Nor does not being good at chatting up girls really, we all have things we're s*** at.

ReputationRep:
    As for "resorting" to "dating websites" - now that's out of my capability to explain. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to use them, but as for "resorting" to using them - well something tells me that's your mind telling you you've resorted and that somewhere in your head there's the idea that it's a bad thing. If you feel bad about it, then don't do it - simple.

In life we have to go on struggling and trying to do the right thing. Just try to follow your heart and your passions. Surely, if you be yourself, you can improve your mindset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Oh absolutely, just saying that using it doesn't mean you've 'failed as a man'. Nor does not being good at chatting up girls really, we all have things we're s*** at.
    Yeah, buy for me personally ,without the datibg sites/tinder i'd have no way og getting girls as I am too shy to start with them on the street.

It's pure Darwinism at work here .
    "Survival of the courageous".
    Those with the "balls" get laid, those without are left to masturbate and due alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virtualman)
    Yeah, buy for me personally ,without the datibg sites/tinder i'd have no way og getting girls as I am too shy to start with them on the street.

It's pure Darwinism at work here .
    "Survival of the courageous".
    Those with the "balls" get laid, those without are left to masturbate and due alone.
    You might meet someone when you least expect it. All my previous actual relationships I've always met just through general circumstances, like at school or college or work, or through other people I know - never really seen a girl and been like "Wow, I really want to be with her, I'd better chat her up", that sorta thing has always just been for the ONSs.

ReputationRep:
    In actual fact, yes.

I know exactly where you are coming from.

Yes.

If you are so aware of your situation, change.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.