The Student Room Group

does kissing count as cheating?

my boyfriend went to a party a few weeks ago and admitted to me today that he kissed someone when he was drunk. he said he knows it was wrong but that she initiated it. my friend who was also at the party said she saw them kissing for a while and he didn't try to stop it. don't really know what to do i really like him :frown:

Scroll to see replies

You know what to do really.
Reply 2
Of course it's cheating, regardless if he was drunk or not.
I dunno whether or not it's a dealbreaker, all depends. If it was very early into the relationship then I'd be like "We've pretty much only just got together and she's doing **** like this already? Nahhhhh". If it was something long term though and it was just a drunken kiss and had never happened before, I might let it go but I'd make it clear that she's now on very ****ing thin ice, if I get a whiff that she's even looking at a guy that way then we're done.
(edited 7 years ago)
I personally would class that as cheating full on kissing someone else.
I think kissing does count as cheating. But, it is up to you and you alone what you choose to do with that information. If your boyfriend is truly remorseful and you believe it is not something that he would normally do and you can trust that it is not something that will likely happen again in the future then it is up to you if you want to forgive him and move on.

I do not condone cheating in any form but couples can and do move beyond it for events much worse than kissing. People automatically starting judging and say break up, break up and that is certainly your option if YOU feel that is what is right for you. You can choose to forgive him but you have to have trust that he won't make this mistake again. I take it as a positive sign that he told you..... you may or may not have found out by other people but he didn't have to come clean and he did. Now, once is once, if it ever happens again it would be my opinion (and again it's up to you) to then break up. You don't want to be someone he takes advantage of.

I know you want answers here but only you can say if you want to end it or not. If will take a lot of talking and blind trust but your relationship is salvageable if that what you want. You are in the drivers seat so to speak. Now, if your boyfriend is blaming you, for some reason, for his kissing another girl.... such as well, if you'd come with me this wouldn't have happened, or you're never interesting in kissing me etc, etc. (whatever he excuse may be) then definitely break up as that is the beginning of abusing you and the relationship.

Good luck to you!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
my boyfriend went to a party a few weeks ago and admitted to me today that he kissed someone when he was drunk. he said he knows it was wrong but that she initiated it. my friend who was also at the party said she saw them kissing for a while and he didn't try to stop it. don't really know what to do i really like him :frown:

nah sis, tongues away!
Yes. Absolutely.
Reply 8
well it depends how drunk he was. if he wasn't that drunk then he still could of had some sense to stop kissing. if it happens again then dont bother with him :smile:
Yes, it's cheating in my opinion.
Just remember: if you let it slide, you will be thought of as fair game to be cheated on.
Yes
:facepalm::facepalm2:
Only he used lasers.

A kiss that does not involve lasers is no kind of kiss.

But seriously its the magic how much you like him moment. Perhaps you should begin world war three, I don't know.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes it does.
Reply 14
Cheating in my book. How would he feel the other way around. More foregiveable than bonking, maybe. You have to decide if there are mitigating circumstances and if 'everyone deserves a second chance'

Generally yes, although some realtsionships are more open than others. A couple might decide between themselves that it's fine to kiss others.
I don't think her initiating it makes a difference. If he had to admit it, clearly he knows he's broken your trust.

But at least he came to you without you accusing him with the info from your friend. It's up to you to decide whether you can carry forward.

Why is your boyfriend telling you this now how come he didn't tell you the next dat. What was the reason to hide it? If he remembers the kiss how come he didn't push her away and maybe he wasn't in his senses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whenever I've done it I've not been serious about the relationship, but too scared to move on...just saying ...sorry
Yes it's obviously cheating. Being "drunk" is no excuse. I'd say get rid of him, as he obviously doesn't care about you nearly enough to be responsible.
It's a shame stuff like this isn't so forgivable. It's very natural to be attracted to other people and when you're having fun and drinking and bonding with other people, let's all admit it, when a hot girl starts kissing you it's extremely difficult to just push her away. Many people act all high and mighty saying they'de never do it until they get properly seduced. On the other hand, it feels really **** to be cheated on and I couldn't tolerate it. It's just one of those things that happens in life. So it's your call if you should forgive him or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending