The Student Room Group

UCL A100 Medicine - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Congrats, we both limped on through- hopefully see you in September

Thank you! I was so worried. Let's hope for the best now :smile:
Reply 1561
Anyone whos gone to their GP for the health check, what do they do there- blood test, vaccine check- what else do they look at?

I went I my GP and asked whether I could get BCG and Hep B but I can't really get either at my local surgery so I'm going to have to wait till October. I did get a blood test to see whether I was still immune to chickenpox.

I now need to hand in my form and get it signed. Also when you're at your GP ask for a kid of your vaccines to check if you've had all the vaccines you've been asked I help.

Heads up as well - my surgery sort of does offer Hep B but I'd have to wait till June and it costs £100. We are expecte d to pay for any vaccines but if we can't get them then UCL give them to us for free (I emailed to check this)
Original post by Ecds
I went I my GP and asked whether I could get BCG and Hep B but I can't really get either at my local surgery so I'm going to have to wait till October. I did get a blood test to see whether I was still immune to chickenpox.

I now need to hand in my form and get it signed. Also when you're at your GP ask for a kid of your vaccines to check if you've had all the vaccines you've been asked I help.

Heads up as well - my surgery sort of does offer Hep B but I'd have to wait till June and it costs £100. We are expecte d to pay for any vaccines but if we can't get them then UCL give them to us for free (I emailed to check this)

lucky for me is ive been volunteering at RFH for 6 months so got the pesky hep b vaccine out of the way accidentally :smile:
Original post by Ecds

Yes correct. Be prepared not only to pay for your vaccines, but for the completion of your OH form. Some surgeries charge ridiculous amounts (I had to pay £40 for my OH form to be signed). During your first term (up till Christmas) you will be allocated an OH appointment to see the doctor. They will take blood to check your vaccinations and give you any vaccines that are required.
Deferred 2018 entry offer 😂 Not sure if I'm gonna firm that if King's decide to give me an offer for next year instead.
Reply 1565
Do you know if they're still giving out offers? I had an interview on the last day (15th)
Reply 1566
Original post by sabhr
Do you know if they're still giving out offers? I had an interview on the last day (15th)

yeah I had mine on 28th and still nothing so praying they are!!
Anyone know where i find my UCL student number-im filling in the database consent form
Anyone know where i find my UCL student number-im filling in the database consent form

It's on the offer letter which can be found on the applicant portal
Reply 1569
just received an offer for 2018!! 16.00
Original post by sabhr
just received an offer for 2018!! 16.00

Well done! Congratulations! Do you remember your panel?
Offer this morning, 2017. Interview 1st March.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1572
Original post by stayhungry
Well done! Congratulations! Do you remember your panel?

Thank you, and yes it was 2 men (one young medical student) and a lady
Original post by momo123momo123
It's on the offer letter which can be found on the applicant portal

Thank you
Congratulations! Do you remember your panel?

Original post by osnapitzkimmy
Offer for 2018 entry at 15:05 today! Finally got an offer! Interview was on 14th March
Theres gonna be a whole truckload of rejections on the 31st
Is UCL a good uni though?
Original post by PanickingYear12
it's not good, it's the best

:smile:

But what about ICL or Oxbridge?
Original post by KimJongIan
:smile:

But what about ICL or Oxbridge?

It doesn't matter; it's medicine, not maths
Who's firming UCL? I am definitely. It's been my dream since Y11. :smile:

Quick Reply