The Student Room Group

UCL A100 Medicine - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mithi98
hopefully yes, but depends on how many places they have left and how many people missed the grades.

ahh fingers crossed lots of people miss their grades:biggrin:
Original post by tangled23
ahhh! do you think they will be a little lenient i.e if we get 3As they might consider us?

I know someone that got 3A's and got accepted for deffered entry at UCL for medicine so yes they will still consider you :smile:
Original post by mithi98
hopefully yes, but depends on how many places they have left and how many people missed the grades.

And they will consider your interview performance.
Original post by ninjass
I know someone that got 3A's and got accepted for deffered entry at UCL for medicine so yes they will still consider you :smile:

Really??? Ahhh this gives me hope!!! Was this for last year entry?
Really??? Ahhh this gives me hope!!! Was this for last year entry?

Yes this was last years :smile: you need to remember there is more to medicine than just grades so EVERYTHING will be taken into account e.g. BMAT, interview score, Personal statement :smile:
Original post by ninjass
Yes this was last years :smile: you need to remember there is more to medicine than just grades so EVERYTHING will be taken into account e.g. BMAT, interview score, Personal statement :smile:
I completely understand. Thank you so much i am a little at ease now just knowing its a possibility to still be considered.
I completely understand. Thank you so much i am a little at ease now just knowing its a possibility to still be considered.

Yes definitely :smile: - although it is wise to have a back up plan in case things don't go to plan! Good luck!!
Guys how diifucult is it to meet the offer?
Original post by BULL14
Guys how diifucult is it to meet the offer?

Its A*AA with a* in chemistry or biology so it is not extremely difficult - i would think round 85% of offer holders who were good enough to get an offer would meet it.
anyone here with offers feeling they arent going to make it?

I was confident until my last chem exam lol
Original post by funky386
Guys for the MSC Excluded Students Database Form did you just scan it and upload it to the applicant portal? That's what I did but it's still saying I have been emailed to request further documentation. I do not know if there is anything else I have left out (I also uploaded my passport before my interview) or whether it has just not updated yet (I uploaded the form around a week ago now). Have I missed anything? Thanks for your help!

I'm in the exact same situation so I wouldn't worry
Hi guys,
Has anyone received an email reply regarding the times for appointments for the DBS checks they're doing during the summer holidays? I've chosen my date but I haven't been told at what time to go? Thank youuu!
Did anyone receive their OH clearance letter or received an email requesting to upload that letter on portal
Any advice for 2018 applicants? (Graduate here)
Can someone please guide me on what is required as a 'proof' of work experience? I interned over the summer in a NGO - autistic children, dermatologist and a hospital across diff departments/fields. I read that uni's randomply as a sample ask students to submit a form on the work experience. Can anyone help please?
Hey guys I just had a question. What time did international interviews start coming out last year?
How much of a notice do you have to give UCL that you won't be available for an interview date? Could you reschedule after you have already been given an interview?
No, u need to let them know before they send you the interview date
Original post by DvsAmjed
How much of a notice do you have to give UCL that you won't be available for an interview date? Could you reschedule after you have already been given an interview?

It would just be better if you let them know ASAP when you know the dates you cannot make
Original post by manobhni
It would just be better if you let them know ASAP when you know the dates you cannot make

But what if you find out you can't do the date after being given an interview, would they allow to change it or would it be too late at that point?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending