Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is for the girlies... does anyone else get pain during sex if you try certain positions? I cant really do many positions because i get shooting pains in my side and my abdomen. Ive been to the consultant but he said he couldnt really help. Sometimes it even bleeds for no reason. And before you all say itll stop once you've had more sex... well no... i've been having sex for 4 years regually and it only started like a year n half ago.

ReputationRep:
    they said they could scrape out my womb lining but that could cause fertility problems, he said i'd just have to live with the pain

ReputationRep:
    I find I can get pains if I do doggy style, or sometimes if I'm not quite aroused enough. The latter type is less common. Are you always totally in the mood?

ReputationRep:
    nearly all the time, but it makes no difference, just always painful.

I use to get this pain too but the Nurse told me it was to do with the penis hitting the cervix too hard - apparently. I also bled however it was just once.

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't hurt if you put it in the right hole.

Failing that, foreplay is the key.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I use to get this pain too but the Nurse told me it was to do with the penis hitting the cervix too hard - apparently. I also bled however it was just once.

i think that is what is happening, but how can i stop it!? i cant help that my boyfriends penis is too big lol

ReputationRep:
    yeah i get the same in certain positions, like its pressing weirdly against me inside. sometimes it feels like its pressing my bladder and makes me need to wee. haha!

(Original post by Tailz)
    i think that is what is happening, but how can i stop it!? i cant help that my boyfriends penis is too big lol
    Dont go so fast and try positions which limit the pain:rolleyes: its what I tend to do or avoid the positions which make it happen.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    but my boyfriend gets upset coz we only do the manditory position coz its the only one that doesnt hurt, n i feel guilty lol.

ReputationRep:
    The mandatory position? Well, i guess if you HAVE to do it then he hasn't got a choice, huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tailz)
    but my boyfriend gets upset coz we only do the manditory position coz its the only one that doesnt hurt, n i feel guilty lol.

ditto girl :p:

ReputationRep:
    have you told him this?

That position is the best one for me, not to hurt me! Bringin my legs up and putting them on blokes shoulders, is where the agony starts.

Dont feel guilty. At the end of the day, if you do something which makes things painful, its not fun or exciting for you in particular. Just explain. If he loves you enough, he's willing to try and do as much to ease this pain.

Hope that helps and makes sense

ReputationRep:
    That position is the best one for me, not to hurt me! Bringin my legs up and putting them on blokes shoulders, is where the agony starts.

Dont feel guilty. At the end of the day, if you do something which makes things painful, its not fun or exciting for you in particular. Just explain. If he loves you enough, he's willing to try and do as much to ease this pain.

Hope that helps and makes sense
    He does help but it doesnt help me feel guilty coz i know he doesnt enjoy it as much. And yeahhh my god that hurts so much on the shoulders!!! wow i've found people who feel the pain

(Original post by Tailz)
    This is for the girlies... does anyone else get pain during sex if you try certain positions? I cant really do many positions because i get shooting pains in my side and my abdomen. Ive been to the consultant but he said he couldnt really help. Sometimes it even bleeds for no reason. And before you all say itll stop once you've had more sex... well no... i've been having sex for 4 years regually and it only started like a year n half ago.
    Did you start sleeping with someone new around about a year and a half ago...? It sounds as if your current partner maybe isn't an ideal match for you sexually. Doesn't mean you have to break up - just means you have to adapt your sex life so that things are fun (and pain free) for both of you.

Where are you bleeding from? When it happens, go to the bathroom, clean yourself up and using your finger and a piece of white or light coloured toilet tissue, try to isolate the spot where the blood is coming from. You can't really devise a way to prevent the bleeding if you don't know where it is coming from. I reckon you're probably tearing your skin in certain positions - you just need to figure out which ones those are and either change them slightly or avoid them.

I'm not sure how the pains in your side are being caused, but if it feels like you've got pains in your abdomen, I would guess that your current partner is penetrating you too deeply and/or too hard. Gentler sex or positions which allow for more shallow penetration should help.

Sex is meant to be enjoyable. Don't resign yourself to pain each time - and definitely don't go and see that consultant again. Doesn't sound like a lot of help. Don't be afraid to ask to see a different doctor!!

ReputationRep:
    Did you start sleeping with someone new around about a year and a half ago...? It sounds as if your current partner maybe isn't an ideal match for you sexually. Doesn't mean you have to break up - just means you have to adapt your sex life so that things are fun (and pain free) for both of you.

Where are you bleeding from? When it happens, go to the bathroom, clean yourself up and using your finger and a piece of white or light coloured toilet tissue, try to isolate the spot where the blood is coming from. You can't really devise a way to prevent the bleeding if you don't know where it is coming from. I reckon you're probably tearing your skin in certain positions - you just need to figure out which ones those are and either change them slightly or avoid them.

I'm not sure how the pains in your side are being caused, but if it feels like you've got pains in your abdomen, I would guess that your current partner is penetrating you too deeply and/or too hard. Gentler sex or positions which allow for more shallow penetration should help.

Sex is meant to be enjoyable. Don't resign yourself to pain each time - and definitely don't go and see that consultant again. Doesn't sound like a lot of help. Don't be afraid to ask to see a different doctor!!
    Ta hun, thats helpful, i might go see a different doctor if i keep hurting, and i know that it bleeds from like the very top, like somewhere deep, and i had sex with my current boyfriend for a year before it started hurtin lol. It was really random, first it just hurt every now n then n now it hurts all the time. And yeah it doesnt hurt as much in gentler positions but its not enjoyable. Sex is really enjoyable for me in the mandotory position but it hurts him to stay there for so long, and he loves spooning but that kills me, literally brings me to tears. It doesnt hurt too much being on top but i always bleed and it kills after Doggy seems to be an okay position if not too long. its odd. but i think it is just his penis is quite big so hits my cervix, or somethin lol.

ReputationRep:
    Go on top, you can control the depth and speed

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been for a smear test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meke12)
    Have you ever been for a smear test?
    yeah once or twice, all clear. i did have endremetriosis, thats what they thought was causing the pain but they burnt it off and i still had the pain so they were out of ideas.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.