D'aww! Adorable little monkey thing

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is pictures of baby Golden Snub-Nosed Monkeys. They are so adorable

And this little beggar, poor thing looks a bit overwhelmed.

ReputationRep:
    They enslave cows, sheep, pigs, and chicken here so just **** off with your moral high ground ****.

ReputationRep:
    which countries eat them?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and these Japanese Snow Monkeys are awesome; in winter they spend most of the day just chillaxing in these warm volcanic steam baths

Maybe the steam baths were a bit hot for these two baby snow monkeys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibibibin)
    They enslave cows, sheep, pigs, and chicken here so just **** off with your moral high ground ****.
    Primates are deserving of special protections. And I'm afraid to say that chickens are an inferior life form, although I'm totally against all forms of factory farming.

But I'm not going to get into another bloody debate; this thread is about going "D'aww, cute little monkey" not getting into pointless internet arguments.

ReputationRep:
    why, just because they are "adorable"? no, every organism deserves the same protection, be it no protection or maximum protection. many species have gone, survival of the fittest my friend, survival of the fittest. just like the dodo bird, this species will go extinct or it will live on like humans by evolving over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    which countries eat them?
    In Africa pretty much all monkeys get eaten as bush meat. And in Cambodia monkey brains are a delicacy. I think all primates deserve a form of human rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnowledgeIsBest)
    why, just because they are "adorable"?
    Superior life forms are deserving of protection. I do not shy away from saying I believe a primate is deserving of more rights than a cockroach. But I'm going to edit my original comment, I'm really not interested in having an internet debate about this; it's all been done before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    In Africa pretty much all monkeys get eaten as bush meat. And in Cambodia monkey brains are a delicacy. I think all primates deserve a form of human rights.
    Very helpful

ReputationRep:
    Very helpful
    I'm not sure why you're wigging out, in pretty much all of sub-Saharan Africa monkeys get eaten. I could list all of the countries of sub-Saharan Africa, or I could just list the continent... chill, Myrtle.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why you're wigging out, in pretty much all of sub-Saharan Africa monkeys get eaten. I could list all of the countries of sub-Saharan Africa, or I could just list the continent... chill, Myrtle.
    Bruh im from east africa and we dont eat monkies or bushmeat.

ReputationRep:
    Lol the face kinda looks creepy XD.

ReputationRep:
    Primates are deserving of special protections. And I'm afraid to say that chickens are an inferior life form, although I'm totally against all forms of factory farming.

But I'm not going to get into another bloody debate; this thread is about going "D'aww, cute little monkey" not getting into pointless internet arguments.
    How are primates more deserving of protection than other animals. How is a chicken an inferior life form. Is it all simply because you find monkeys cute and you don't find chickens cute? What a pathetic argument.

Yeah you are better not to get involved in a 'pointless internet debate' as you will just be shown up for the absolute idiot you are.

ReputationRep:
    It's face looks like a skeleton

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you chill hypocrite?

You're crying about people in poverty eating animals that you find 'cute' to survive while you get stuck into your unhealthy big mac that you don't need and kills millions of animals each year.

The hypocrisy is strong in this one. .

ReputationRep:
    Is it all simply because you find monkeys cute and you don't find chickens cute?
    Didn't you know that primates are much more intelligent than chickens? It sounds like you're not very well-versed in bioethics and the idea that the more intelligent and self-aware a lifeform is, the greater the rights it should have. It's pretty remarkable that never occurred to you.

Yeah you are better not to get involved in a 'pointless internet debate'
    Certainly better not to get involved in one with an inferior life form like you; given the cognition differential (and the ethical implications arising thereof) between primates and chickens is not something of which you were aware, it's very clear to me that there's little profit to be had in engaging you further. You'll probably just get angry and frustrated by concepts you find confusing.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you chill hypocrite?
    Me chill? You're the one getting angry and confused. Calm down.

You're crying about people in poverty eating animals that you find 'cute' to survive while you get stuck into your unhealthy big mac
    :lol: I'd never eat at MacDonalds. Anyway, you seem to be quite expert in stinking up the joint with a bad attitude and a chip on the shoulder. I'm going to ignore you now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    It's face looks like a skeleton
    The baby monkey in the last pic does look a little bit skeletal. If I ever had one as a pet maybe I would call it Skeletor

ReputationRep:
    Bruh im from east africa and we dont eat monkies or bushmeat.
    The fact that you don't eat bush meat doesn't mean people in general don't eat it. Have you ever been back to (I'm guessing Kenya, maybe, Fill me in)

I spent five weeks travelling through Kenya, Tanzania and Mozambique, hiking and driving in *****y little busses and stopping in at tiny little towns. I saw a lot of bush meat in the markets.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you know that primates are much more intelligent than chickens? It sounds like you're not very well-versed in bioethics and the idea that the more intelligent and self-aware a lifeform is, the greater the rights it should have. It's pretty remarkable that never occurred to you.
    Ah so you are meaning primates are more intelligent that chicken so its ok to kill one but not the other? Well first of all there are many studies that put that claim to bed but even if it were true- it is well known that pigs are smarter than dogs. So if its wrong to kill the more 'intelligent' animals as you say, then why are we killing pigs for food and not dogs? Would you like to answer that one hypo boy?

Certainly better not to get involved in one with an inferior life form like you; given the cognition differential (and the ethical implications arising thereof) between primates and chickens is not something of which you were aware, it's very clear to me that there's little profit to be had in engaging you further. You'll probably just get angry and frustrated by concepts you find confusing.
    You're an idiot. You really think you have the right to tell people in poverty to not eat a certain animal that they need to do to survive while you get to sit in your comfy warm house in a developed country and needlessly eat thousands of animals each year?

All you talk about is complete BS. You just talk right out of your pathetic arse.

You have a disease called stupidity- you might want to get that checked out.

HYPOCRITE.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What are you?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.