What A level results surprised you the most?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I was most surprised at getting a B in A Level Geography, since I only got a low C at AS and felt that the A2 exams had gone badly, since I ran out of time quite significantly in one of them (as in, I basically missed out one of the 25 mark essays). I honestly expected a C at best, so I was amazed when it turned out I'd got a B!

I was also surprised to see I'd got a B in A Level ICT, since I expected to get an A. I'd got an A at AS, 93% in my A2 coursework and I thought the A2 exam had gone quite well. Unfortunately though I ended up being 3 marks off the A, and my mark stayed the same after a remark

ReputationRep:
    Only done AS so far but my B in AS maths as I thought I'd failed C2 and got like a D overall... I was pleasantly surprised

ReputationRep:
    A in AS History.

Was expecting a D and I thought my essays were sh*t, I came out of my second history exam almost in tears because I felt like I put in so much work for nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    Only done AS so far but my B in AS maths as I thought I'd failed C2 and got like a D overall... I was pleasantly surprised
    What ums mark did you get for C2?

ReputationRep:
    getting 100% in A2 maths. After doing the exams I got different answers to my friends. But all of them matched on TSR. After predicting that I had a B. It was a pleasant surprise to get an A*, and full marks in all my modules this year and for my retakes last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    What ums mark did you get for C2?

Have 78 for C1 and 82 for D1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JACCKYD)
    getting 100% in A2 maths. After doing the exams I got different answers to my friends. But all of them matched on TSR. After predicting that I had a B. It was a pleasant surprise to get an A*, and full marks in all my modules this year and for my retakes last year.
    What did you get for AS? First time

ReputationRep:
    I predicted my grades fairly correctly, but some unit marks surprised me. I got a B in my economics paper, when I thought there is no way I'd get anything higher than a U in that module, it was actually my best unit overall. I also got an E in one of my economics papers, when I thought I'd get an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    What did you get for AS? First time
    got a C in C1, C2 and S1. I was a few UMS of a B in all of them. I just made lots of careless mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    I was really surprised by all the reformed ASs that I took (bio, chem, maths) - came out of all of them in tears absolutely convinced I had failed and that I would never be able to go to uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysmith268)
    I was really surprised by all the reformed ASs that I took (bio, chem, maths) - came out of all of them in tears absolutely convinced I had failed and that I would never be able to go to uni!
    Well at least you're aware that Maths isn't reformed for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JACCKYD)
    got a C in C1, C2 and S1. I was a few UMS of a B in all of them. I just made lots of careless mistakes.
    What an improvement...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths is Life)
    Well at least you're aware that Maths isn't reformed for you
    oops sorry I meant bio chem history lol - maths was the only one I felt confident in when coming out of the exam, so thank god that wasn't reformed

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.