The Student Room Group

Do I still have a chance of going to uni to study economics?

I had a bad year 12 which is reflected in my AS grades CDDE, But i was expected to get AAAB. My GCSE's are 8A*'s and 3A's and i went to a particularly rubbish school. I have no idea what to do now. I want to go to uni to study economics and i've written my personal statement but i don't think anywhere will accept me because of my AS results. I really want to go to UCL/kings/ Birmingham/ Bath. Do i have chance? My AS results are cashed in and i have to declare them on the UCAS website.
You can try and get your Teachers to predict you high grades but they might not want to..
If this happens you may need to take a gap year and perhaps apply the year after?
Reply 2
Original post by FailedMyMocks
You can try and get your Teachers to predict you high grades but they might not want to..
If this happens you may need to take a gap year and perhaps apply the year after?

Say, if they would,do you think uni's will accept me? especially the uni's i want to go to
Original post by ingyali
Say, if they would,do you think uni's will accept me? especially the uni's i want to go to

Yes, if you get offers and meet the grades of course.
Most universities don't look at AS grades but predictions because of the linear Alevels. As long as you can persuade your teacher to predict you high enough grades to get into uni, you will have a chance at getting offers. Show your teachers that you are capable of getting those grades! :smile:
Original post by ingyali
I had a bad year 12 which is reflected in my AS grades CDDE, But i was expected to get AAAB. My GCSE's are 8A*'s and 3A's and i went to a particularly rubbish school. I have no idea what to do now. I want to go to uni to study economics and i've written my personal statement but i don't think anywhere will accept me because of my AS results. I really want to go to UCL/kings/ Birmingham/ Bath. Do i have chance? My AS results are cashed in and i have to declare them on the UCAS website.

Get a*aa or above and re apply next yr
With CDDE, I'm afraid to say that there's zero chance of getting an offer from the likes of UCL etc. At best ur predictions will be BBC/BCC. Do as well as you can this year and reapply next year. Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending