The Student Room Group

what motivates you to study?

help i have zero motivation
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Watch Eric Thomas, he'll give you a boost.
Type on YouTube Eric Thomas and watch his videos and trust me you'll like it.
Original post by lily.b9

Think about results day, your future and what will happen if you don't get the A-Level results you wanted. You shouldn't really need motivation as you future can depend on these.
Original post by lily.b9

Mainly, for me, it's the knowledge that i'll have a chance to do what I want as a career and to be successful if I study for exams to do well in.

For others it might be, getting good grades to go to really good unis, or to become rich; it just depends on who you ask.
If I am very successful, get a high paid job, live in a good area, etc. I may be able to live my whole life without ever meeting another TSR user in person. That's worth the sacrifices.
Inb4 my parents
Brought up in care in the 50s and 60's. Education was practically non-existent, due to the fact that the nuns were completely illiterate themselves, or thick or both. My main focus was on getting out of the place when I was old enough in one piece or without going insane.
I couldn't read or write until I was 15 and had to teach myself.
Now that my 7 children are grown up, I went to uni last year, now in my 2nd year studying Criminology. Seeing two things on my social work files.
1. Reason for being received into care in big capital letters: ABANDONMENT AT BIRTH BY BOTH PARENTS and 2. 'This girl is impossible to teach.'
Both stuck in my mind all these years, especially thr 'impossible to teach'.
Reply 7
1. I think of how much of a mug I'll look on results day with 3 U's with no uni wanting to touch me while my mates go off for their courses.
2. I think of how proud I'll be able to make my family.
3. I go and watch a TEDTalk or something.
Because the donor of the organ transplanted into me died too young. She lives through me now.
Dammit. :grumble:

My teachers' wrath.

Quick Reply

Latest