Missed my module registration deadline and I'm panicking

Watch
jonnoT_1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,I go to Uni of Nottingham and I'm just looking for some reassurance as I've nowhere else to vent. My module deadline was this Friday -- I didn't see the reminder email as I've been without internet for a few days, and I thought the deadline was on Tuesday. I tried emailing student services but it seems they aren't around for the weekend. I am really worried that I won't even be able to do my module. My module isn't oversubscribed or anything, they even had to change the timetables because there weren't enough people on the course to fill out the previous slots. Do you think I'd be allowed to give a late registration on Monday? Has anyone else been in this situation? Thanks
Inazuma
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jonnoT_1)
Hi,I go to Uni of Nottingham and I'm just looking for some reassurance as I've nowhere else to vent. My module deadline was this Friday -- I didn't see the reminder email as I've been without internet for a few days, and I thought the deadline was on Tuesday. I tried emailing student services but it seems they aren't around for the weekend. I am really worried that I won't even be able to do my module. My module isn't oversubscribed or anything, they even had to change the timetables because there weren't enough people on the course to fill out the previous slots. Do you think I'd be allowed to give a late registration on Monday? Has anyone else been in this situation? Thanks
Is that to register for a unit choice for the term / year?
Depends on the uni but I really can't imagine it will matter. Considering how often people change units or timetables! Just get in touch on Monday and apologise for the delay.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jonnoT_1)
Don't assume this is the same at your uni, but generally what I've heard happen is that you can enroll, you just get the pick of whatever modules aren't full.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed