The Student Room Group

Training Contract 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anybody applied to Ashurst for a TC and heard back?
Original post by Coolbeen
Has anybody applied to Ashurst for a TC and heard back?

Applied, yes; heard back, no. I applied a few days ago. When did you?
Reply 3
Beginning of December. Not sure if they tackle applications as they come or if they wait for the deadline to pass to send out invitations and rejections...
Beginning of December. Not sure if they tackle applications as they come or if they wait for the deadline to pass to send out invitations and rejections...

I was rejected within 6 days of applying in early December... So no news is good news probably
Reply 5
Original post by alittlebitlost
I was rejected within 6 days of applying in early December... So no news is good news probably

I might get a late rejection for all we know. Best of luck with all your other applications anyway, I hope they work out. :smile:

What do you think was the reason for them rejecting your app?
Original post by AgentBlue94
What do you think was the reason for them rejecting your app?

Inconsistent grades is my first thought because it was so rapid. I achieved 67% but my years were different, 2.2, 2:1, 1st.
Ashurst do look for high 2.1s throughout
Inconsistent grades is my first thought because it was so rapid. I achieved 67% but my years were different, 2.2, 2:1, 1st.
Ashurst do look for high 2.1s throughout

That is unfortunate - keep trying something with come around, better to go to firms who welcome your application rather than those that scrutise it.
Reply 9
Bit off topic, but would anyone be able to tell me when I should be applying for TCs as a non-law student? I'm currently in my penultimate year of uni (and have applied for a few summer schemes), but am a bit confused because it seems like some firms open their TC application window in both early summer and then again in the autumn. Any help would be very much appreciated!

I applied at the end of November, they interviewed me last week and I got a TC offer, so don't worry if they take a while to get back to you.
Reply 11
Original post by timeless.
Anyone heard anything back after Clifford Chance TC video interview?

Nope! I imagine they're dealing with VS at the moment.
Reply 12
Original post by timeless.
Cheers, really hope you're right and that I still have a chance! Did you apply?

They're currently doing ACs for vac schemes so I imagine we will hear back in the next week or two. Yeah I did apply and also waiting - good luck!
Has anyone heard back from freshfields for vac scheme?
Is anyone applying to Hogan Lovells?
Anyone heard anything from Gibson Dunn?
Has anyone heard anything from Freshfields or HSF? It's been weeks and every time I see I have an email I get my hopes up.
Reply 17
Original post by LawGrad99
Anyone heard anything from Gibson Dunn?

Still waiting post-interview.
Reply 18
Hey guys!

Do you think my grades could be a problem when applying for direct TCs with MC/US/SC firms (except for those which explicitly require high 2:1)? I know it's not all about academics, but I am interested whether you think that it's likely that the recruiters will stop reading my apps once they see the results:

LLB (UCL 2016)
- 1st year (64) - all 2:1
- 2nd year (61) - but 2x 2.2
- 3rd year (66) - but 1x 2.2

Otherwise, I have very good (but not outstanding) extracurriculars and did one vac scheme (in 2nd year) at a top US firm (did not get a TC offer).

I really appreciate your help!!
Original post by TCVC
Hey guys!

Do you think my grades could be a problem when applying for direct TCs with MC/US/SC firms (except for those which explicitly require high 2:1)? I know it's not all about academics, but I am interested whether you think that it's likely that the recruiters will stop reading my apps once they see the results:

LLB (UCL 2016)
- 1st year (64) - all 2:1
- 2nd year (61) - but 2x 2.2
- 3rd year (66) - but 1x 2.2

Otherwise, I have very good (but not outstanding) extracurriculars and did one vac scheme (in 2nd year) at a top US firm (did not get a TC offer).

I really appreciate your help!!

I got a MC training contract with the following

- 1st year - 1 x 3, 3 x 2.2
- 2nd year - 2 x 2.2 and 2 x 2.1
- 3rd year - 1 x 2.2 and 3 x 2.1

Quick Reply

Latest