Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Foundation year Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys, I am actually in my final high school year and expecting to do law studies in a top UK university as an international student. Probleme is that my English level doesn't meet the entry requirements and so I am willing to do a foundation year at a UK university.
    My questions are : - What is the best value for money college you advise me to go to for a foundation year, those which prepare you the most for your undergraduate studies.
    - Does the application process through UCAS happen normally when your foundation year is over?
    - Is it possible for me to apply for a different course ( in the case I go for a law foundation program and don't appreciate it ) without re-taking a foundation year for the new course I am applying for ?
    Thank you in advance .

    Are you looking for a foundation year, or a foundation degree? As the process is slightly different for both. A foundation year is usually at the university you want to study at, and not everyone offers them. A foundation degree is a stand-alone qualification which can be "topped up" with further study to equal a full degree.
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.