jdudgeon997
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Do you think starting an essay with the quote "The enactment of any large-scale project of political violence [...] requires a significant degree of political and social consensus." is appropriate? The essay is on why terrorism or political violence should be a part of study of politics.
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
I'm not really sure what you're asking. If you're asking whether I agree that terrorists operate with a degree of public support (which seems to be what you're saying), then no, I don't agree. But if that is your position then I suppose it is an okay opening.
jdudgeon997
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
I'm not really sure what you're asking. If you're asking whether I agree that terrorists operate with a degree of public support (which seems to be what you're saying), then no, I don't agree. But if that is your position then I suppose it is an okay opening.
I'm focusing more on the use of a quote at the very start of an essay.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Starting essays with quotes can be a tedious device and a attempt to shortcut a proper introduction to an essay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (37)
22.42%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (79)
47.88%
I'm unsure (49)
29.7%

Watched Threads