Turn on thread page Beta

Do you see yourself marrying your current gf/bf in the future? watch

• View Poll Results: do you see yourself marrying your current bf/gf in the future?
    yes
    64.32%
    no
    35.68%

ReputationRep:
    despite him thinking you are not as bright as he is because you study English, and not science?

ReputationRep:
    Why isn't there a "I don't know yet" option?

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months now, and I honestly don't know yet. It's too soon for me to think 'yes he's the one'. As much as I look forward to marriage it's not something I think about now since I have other more important things going on in my life. Have I thought about marrying my boyfriend? Yeah. But only time can tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    despite him thinking you are not as bright as he is because you study English, and not science?
    lol, yes, that's pretty much the only flaw. that, and the fact that he interrupts people all the time. and patronises me....

...hmmmm...

lol

ReputationRep:
    . . .

lolz.

Nobody is perfect.

ReputationRep:
    I am very frightened of the prospect of spending my life with the same person from 16 - 106 (yes I will live long.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco6)
    yes, but that means that you're not 100% committed obviously.
    I remain faithful to him while we're together, so that is a commitment but not necessarily a permanent one, meaning that I am not committing myself to staying with him for the rest of my life.

I think so, been with my boyf nearly 4 years (not that time matters), he's my best friend, the person i tell EVERYTHING too, we have our ups and downs, but theres not a day goes by that my first thought isnt for him. But i'm posting anonymous, my boyfriend knows how much i love him and he loves me just the same, but i think at our age, he'd be a bit freaked out i was thinking about marrying him!!! lol!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSiky)
    Jesus, 60% voted yes? The population of TSR is either much older than the average student, or just massively deluding themselves as to how decent their relationship is.
    The question isn't, "are you going to end up marrying your partner?", it's "can you see yourself marrying your partner?". I am very happy in my relationship and can imagine marrying my boyfriend, so I voted yes. But I'm not deluding myself - I am perfectly open to the idea that we may (or probably will) break up, and become different people entirely. But it doesn't change the fact that I could see myself marrying him.

ReputationRep:
    yes, and in 6 months I will be his mrs!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by NSiky)
    Jesus, 60% voted yes? The population of TSR is either much older than the average student, or just massively deluding themselves as to how decent their relationship is.

Considering that a lot of the people in this thread are girls under the age of 20, I'm thinking it's the latter.
    I would hope that most people would say yes. If people already knew that their relationships have no future, why would they be with them? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    After four and a bit years, I think it's pretty much expected.

Anyway, a mortgage is much more of a commitment than marriage is these days...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Impossible to predict the future really, been with mine 2.5 years now, perfectly happy but no way ready yet to make the next step.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    I would hope that most people would say yes. If people already knew that their relationships have no future, why would they be with them? :confused:
    yeah exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)

because not everyone lives in the future and some people like to just enjoy the moment.. many people probably have had a lot of failed relationships and know what its like to be in love with someone and think you have a long future together and then for something to have gone wrong to break up the relationship that you don't expect to happen while you're so 'in love'. so while they may be in love with their current partner it doesn't mean that it'll last forever.

i have no idea if i will marry my boyfriend. it's a nice thought but we're both still young and it is silly to predict that we'll still be together in yeeears to come when we've only been together a year.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I can see it in the future, but who knows all that may be taken away in a bleep of an eye.

Have already committed to next step and got engaged.

Might just be me but when you know they are "the one" you just know and hope for the future.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - in 8 days! WOOOOOOOO!

ReputationRep:
    Eyes bleep now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    Eyes bleep now?
    Lol they blink too, don´t ya know

ReputationRep:
    I go through periods of thinking yes I would and then periods of thinking no I would not.

I have been going out with him for about a year now.

Probably with my sensible head on I would say no.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no.

I don't plan on getting married anyway :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.