Turn on thread page Beta

Do you see yourself marrying your current gf/bf in the future? watch

• View Poll Results: do you see yourself marrying your current bf/gf in the future?
    yes
    64.32%
    no
    35.68%

I would love too...but i dont think its likely due to family reasons :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_W)
    Yes - in 8 days! WOOOOOOOO!
    congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Heh, it's only been 9 months for us so far! [Translation: It's too soon to even think about it, so go away and stop making me think about these things!]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopymeg)
    Heh, it's only been 9 months for us so far! [Translation: It's too soon to even think about it, so go away and stop making me think about these things!]
    I thought girls had the five year plan when it came to relationships :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I thought girls had the five year plan when it came to relationships :p:
    The wha...? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopymeg)
    The wha...? :p:
    Might be an urban myth.

I just once heard that all girls had a five year plan. Something along the lines of:

Year 1: date
    Year 2: move in
    Year 3: Propose
    Year 4: Marriage
    Year 5: Kids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Might be an urban myth.

I just once heard that all girls had a five year plan. Something along the lines of:

:laugh:

I can't imagine anything more than move in by the end of year 5!

ReputationRep:
    ahh the five year plan, my boyfriends mentioned that to me before! haha luckily he wants that to happen though apparently so am alrite :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Might be an urban myth.

:rofl:

Well, the boyfriend is now trying to get me to move in during "year 2"... Maybe our roles are reversed???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Might be an urban myth.

I am way behind! I will only be on marriage on our 5th anniversary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iTalya)
    I am way behind! I will only be on marriage on our 5th anniversary!
    Well that might be the true five year plan, I have no idea how it really works :p:

ReputationRep:
    The 5 year plan for 30-something year old Cosmo women, maybe. The rest of us have far more urgent things to occupy ourselves with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    The 5 year plan for 30-something year old Cosmo women, maybe. The rest of us have far more urgent things to occupy ourselves with
    Like getting a man in the first place :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Like getting a man in the first place :p:
    Speak for yourself :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'd love to marry my gorgeous boyfriend, I love him to bits and I want to have his babies - and lots of them :love:

I think about him all the time and even though sometimes it freaks me out that we have become so close - its something I never expected (both of us feel exactly the same), but when I come to my senses I realise exactly what I want and that is for my boyfriend to be in my life, and no body else, we are so happy together, there are times when we have no concept of time or reality we are so engrossed in each other

ReputationRep:
    i can, yeah, but it's a way off... my order of doing things is slightly twisted. i'd sooner have children. luckily i think it's the same for her. it runs in my family really cos it took my brother 6 years and 2 kids to propose. they're getting married next summer

ReputationRep:
    Well, reality is I don't know how it will end. We are as likely to marry as we are to split up due to a country issue we have between Germany and England. I have, for now, no reason to believe that he would choose me over Germany, or that he would choose Germany over me. So I don't know

In any case, yes, I can see myself marrying him. But at the same time I'm also realising how horribly naive I am, and inexperienced in life, and more and more I'm realising I'm not ready to commit in marriage yet, as much as I yearn for a husband, a family of my own. All part of maturity, I guess. I'm terrified of losing him, but I'm also terrified of committing too soon, even though I'd already endlessly imagined him at the end of the aisle - but that was a long time ago.

In the end, who knows what the future holds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Might be an urban myth.

Oh dear god . . .

I can see moving in after a year or so if you are independent, sensible adults in a stable relationship (or at uni and despirate for someone to share the rent), but kids after only 5 years? Get outta here. I don't plan on spawning until I about at least 27, preferably not until 30.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Might be an urban myth.

5 year plans! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I may get married to my boyfriend. He has said he'd like to marry me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.