Turn on thread page Beta

Do you see yourself marrying your current gf/bf in the future? watch

• View Poll Results: do you see yourself marrying your current bf/gf in the future?
    yes
    64.32%
    no
    35.68%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Might be an urban myth.

I just once heard that all girls had a five year plan. Something along the lines of:

Year 1: date
    Year 2: move in
    Year 3: Propose
    Year 4: Marriage
    Year 5: Kids
    Hehe - that's funny, think our relationship went:
    Year 2: Propose
    Year 3: Engaged
    Year 4: Marriage and then move in
    Then probs be about year 7 or 8 when we have kids.

ReputationRep:
    Actually i heard about that 5 year plan too. That's just scary!

Congrats Miss W

OP - no, i'm 17, get real. I'm not even thinking about marriage yet, no way i'm gonna marry the one i'm with now.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I'm 17, so no.

ReputationRep:
    I want to know where the collectivisation in the 5year plan comes in.

ReputationRep:
    The collectivisation? What? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilerNuts)
    Collectivisation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilerNuts)
    Oh dear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Five-Year_Plan

ReputationRep:
    I would love to marry my bf and we have talked about it many times. he is a very commited person and so am i. He is everything i have ever wanted in a guy and no one will ever take his place. We are still young but with plans including living together at uni, and i know that we will always be together and marriage is definatly on the menu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_W)
    Hehe - that's funny, think our relationship went:
    Year 2: Propose
    Year 3: Engaged
    Year 4: Marriage and then move in
    Then probs be about year 7 or 8 when we have kids.
    Its not a myth then :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs...

(Original post by Connemara)
    Yes I'd love to marry my gorgeous boyfriend, I love him to bits and I want to have his babies - and lots of them :love:

I think about him all the time and even though sometimes it freaks me out that we have become so close - its something I never expected (both of us feel exactly the same), but when I come to my senses I realise exactly what I want and that is for my boyfriend to be in my life, and no body else, we are so happy together, there are times when we have no concept of time or reality we are so engrossed in each other
    You're 19.

(Original post by ~cherrykisses~)
    I would love to marry my bf and we have talked about it many times. he is a very commited person and so am i. He is everything i have ever wanted in a guy and no one will ever take his place. We are still young but with plans including living together at uni, and i know that we will always be together and marriage is definatly on the menu
    And you're bloody 17! Honestly, how many relationships have you been in at your age? How can you possibly say that he's everything you've ever wanted in a guy when you can't have been in more than 2 or 3 serious relationships? "I know that we will always be together"? Yeah, maybe in naive-lovestruck-17-year-old-lala-land, but honestly, do you realise how unlikely that actually is?

ReputationRep:
    I myself wouldn't want to marry until I'm well into my 20's. I do, however, know of 2 lads from my school who are both 18 and have both just got engaged to their gf's... >_< I personally think people should live a little before they commit to something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSiky)
    And you're bloody 17! Honestly, how many relationships have you been in at your age? How can you possibly say that he's everything you've ever wanted in a guy when you can't have been in more than 2 or 3 serious relationships? "I know that we will always be together"? Yeah, maybe in naive-lovestruck-17-year-old-lala-land, but honestly, do you realise how unlikely that actually is?
    It's not that bad, my mum got married on the day after her 20th birthday and her and my dad were together for 30 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSiky)
    Oh ffs...

You're 19.

tut tut, just because people are young doesnt mean that it isnt going to last! one of my friends got together with her boyfriend when she was 15 and she was always on about how in love she was with him, and 6 years later they are still together! Yes it is unlikely that you will end up staying with someone you get together with when you are young, but I know if I was still that age I sure as hell wouldnt want someone trying to burst my bubble and wouldnt listen anyway! and Im sure people who get together with people in their mid 20's are just as likely to end up breaking up :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSiky)
    Oh ffs...

You're 19.

why are you so concerned about what others plan to do? Nobody's forcing you to commit.

ReputationRep:
    I am ignoring it when people try and burst my bubble.. I know they think I am too young to get married, but I don't feel it. I am doing everything the right way, we are living together first and we are both very mature about our feelings whilst still retaining the fun aspects of our relationships.

Grr!

ReputationRep:
    I mean im only 20 (nearly 21 i might add!) and I know I might not be with my boyfriend forever but I love thinking that we could still be together in 10,20, etc years... dont need any cynical old farts ruining my fun :p:

I haven't met yet the one I'll marry. Or at least I think so :p:
    With most guys I know from the start if it's going to be sth serious or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSiky)
    Oh ffs...

You're 19.

I was 18 and a half when I met my fiance - the man I am marrying in 1 weeks time.
    Before I met him I had had 2 serious relationships and 2 semi serious relationships, it was easy to see that he was the one for me, and the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

How old do you have to be to fall in love and find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with?

A few of my friends are still with their first, ever, only boyfriend. Now I'm not sure how they know they have found the person they want to spend their lives with, as they haven't experienced other relationships/messing around etc. But there must be something there for them not to be curious about other people.

Love works in mysterious ways, and in my opinion age has nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    As of yet I'm unsure. I do love him and we've talked about the future and marriage, but I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket. I wouldn't mind marrying him in a few years, but I need to get uni out of the way first. I think it's important to have a few years to live together properly.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely don't. :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.