Turn on thread page Beta

would i be able to do a-level further maths? watch

ReputationRep:
    Could I, considering I got an A* in maths a year early?

ReputationRep:
    Probably. You'll definitely fly thorugh A-level Maths (I have the same credentials as you).

Further's a bit trickier. Even the geniuses (or is it genii?) in my year struggled frequently. You need to work at it really hard, and do absurdly large amounts of practice.

Actaully, the whole rigmarol that is A-Level Maths isn't so bad once you've accepted the inevitable fact: the first 5 million 12 thousand and 3 times you try a question, you are going to get it wrong. No two ways about it.

Oh, and integration by parts is your friend! Really!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdm391)
    Could I, considering I got an A* in maths a year early?
    I imagine many people who do further Maths A-Level don't acheive A* in Maths a year early and yet still come out with an A at the end of the 2 years so I would say yes.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE grades aren't really brilliant at predicting A-level success. Everyone in my maths set did GCSE a year early, and everyone got an A or an A*...and yet some of the class were struggling to get a B or a C at A-level.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.