Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

I need some help answering these questions for my coursework? Watch

    • Thread Starter

    i am currently completing unit 8 safeguarding in my BTEC level 3 children's play, learning and development course and I have been given these questions to answer about responding to abuse. I could do with some suggestions on how to answer the following questions thank you.

    If a child discloses abuse, what is ‘best practice’ for the practitioner?

    If a practitioner suspects abuse, what is ‘best practice’ in reporting this?

    If abuse is not reported correctly, what could the implications of this be for the child?
    How does ensuring ‘ best practice’ positively affect the child?

    Any help much appreciated

    Hi there,
    You need to be referring to government guidlines such as 'What to do if you're worried a child is being abused: advice for practitioners'. Just Google it and it should come up. I think it pretty much answers all your questions.
Is GoT overrated?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.