Broke up with first ever girlfriend and feel terrible

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How do I get over the feeling of heart break?

ReputationRep:
    Just dont get one in the first place. Many emotions come with it.

ReputationRep:
    Make her life a misery, you'll feel much better.

ReputationRep:
    You learn from experiences like this and know what to do better in the next relationship

ReputationRep:
    Don't make any threads about white girls not going for Oriental guys. It'll make you feel worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    You learn from experiences like this and know what to do better in the next relationship
    It will take time. Block her number and delete her from all social media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    Thanks. I feel like I will never find another girl as amazing as she was though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Don't make any threads about white girls not going for Oriental guys. It'll make you feel worse.
    I stopped making such posts months ago when we started dating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Thanks. I feel like I will never find another girl as amazing as she was though.
    if she was so amazing then it would not have ended in a break up and if you were the problem then you need to work on yourself before anything

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind it's a sort of right of passage. Friends, music, booze, new persuits, time, new love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    how did u meet her

ReputationRep:
    Oh, dear. Did surreptitiously lacing her cosmetic products with arsenic, peroxide and lemon Cif not yield the requisite Elizabethan pigment?

ReputationRep:
    Take consolation in the fact that you've had at least one more partner than 90% of TSR combined (hint: 0).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In all seriousness it'll take a bit of time, but stay social (like going on nights out with friends etc) and you'll eventually get over it and may even meet someone else in due course who you like even better. It's just a part of life I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    How long were you together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Oh, dear. Did surreptitiously lacing her cosmetic products with arsenic, peroxide and lemon Cif not yield the requisite Elizabethan pigment?
    If you ever wrote a book, I would think it was written by an alien from Mars.

May I ask why you broke up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    how did u meet her
    Okcupid.

(Original post by Slowbro93)
    How long were you together?
    Only six months but she was my first everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    She already had it. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    you caused this heartbreak, you have to live with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    If you ever wrote a book, I would think it was written by an alien from Mars.
    Then I shall put you down for an advance copy of my autobiography, provisionally titled: "Life on Earth: A Visitor's Perspective".

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Have you ever given blood?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.