The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths Revision plan?

Hey!!

I'm currently doing A level Edexcel Mathematics. I'm doing C3, C4 and S1, last year I did C1, C2 and M1.

I'm just wondering what are some good methods of revision I could do for maths, in terms of up till the exam date from today. I'm also resitting my AS exams alongside.

I was just wondering people who got As & A*s what did you do to get that, did you start straight with exam questions? Exam solutions? The textbook?
How often did you revise, how many minutes/hours per day or what was your schedule? Did you increase your time as it go to the janurary/easter period?

Just some advice, thanks!
@bhfn
I've only done AS so far but for me personally:

Textbook questions -> Solomon worksheets -> Past papers -> Solomon Papers -> IAL/IYGB

Exam Solutions was also a major help when it came to doing past papers.
I'd also recommend HegartyMaths as his videos are like actual online lessons.

There are also more types of past papers such as IYGB papers, IAL papers and Elmwood papers which you might want to look at.
All links can be found here:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/

As for time, I'd say just make sure you're keeping on top of what you're doing in class for now. Study ahead if need be. Once you've finished all of the content for a module (aka have done all of the textbook questions), you can start answering the Solomon worksheets which will ease you into exam-style questions. And then you can start doing past papers.
I started doing past papers for C1 in January last year, and was doing one a week until about March and then I increased it to two a week and then closer to exams, it was two a day haha. (Still flopped the exam though. I went from 90+ UMS in past papers to 78 UMS in the actual exam. I cry)
This year, I'm hoping to start doing C3 past papers in November and want to complete as many as possible before the exam, so I'll be doing about two or three a week once I start. I'll also be resitting C1 but I won't be preparing for that until January.
Good luck!
Ps. Tip: Buy a planner and plan ahead when you're going to do certain past papers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jessyjellytot14
@bhfn

Textbook questions -> Solomon worksheets -> Past papers -> Solomon Papers -> IAL/IYGB

There are also more types of past papers such as IYGB papers, IAL papers and Elmwood papers which you might want to look at.

As for time, I'd say just make sure you're keeping on top of what you're doing in class for now. Study ahead if need be. Once you've finished all of the content for a module (aka have done all of the textbook questions), you can start answering the Solomon worksheets which will ease you into exam-style questions. And then you can start doing past papers.
I started doing past papers for C1 in January last year, and was doing one a week until about March and then I increased it to two a week and then closer to exams, it was two a day haha. (Still flopped the exam though. I went from 90+ UMS in past papers to 78 UMS in the actual exam. I cry)
This year, I'm hoping to start doing C3 past papers in November and want to complete as many as possible before the exam, so I'll be doing about two or three a week once I start. I'll also be resitting C1 but I won't be preparing for that until January.
Good luck!
Ps. Tip: Buy a planner and plan ahead when you're going to do certain past papers.

Ah right! I'll have a look at HegartyMaths. I'll keep this in mind, our teacher has said he's planning to finish teaching all the C3 topics by end of November, to ensure we finish C4 as quickly so we can focus on past papers. The same thing happened to me, C1 I was consistently getting around 90 UMS and above, dropped down to 83, it was disappointing, looking back at it it wasn't so hard it's just the exam pressure that gets to me easily.

I wish you the very best of luck too!
Original post by bhfn
Hey!!

I'm currently doing A level Edexcel Mathematics. I'm doing C3, C4 and S1, last year I did C1, C2 and M1.

I'm just wondering what are some good methods of revision I could do for maths, in terms of up till the exam date from today. I'm also resitting my AS exams alongside.

I was just wondering people who got As & A*s what did you do to get that, did you start straight with exam questions? Exam solutions? The textbook?
How often did you revise, how many minutes/hours per day or what was your schedule? Did you increase your time as it go to the janurary/easter period?

Just some advice, thanks!

please let me know too
Original post by jessyjellytot14
@bhfn

Good luck!

im also going retake the whole of As exams and doing C3 C4 AND S1 for A2 do you have structure or a way to study

i do have have a planner but i dont know know how to plan how to revise which sucks and if anyone could help it would be really aprreacited and thank you in advance

Quick Reply

Latest