The Student Room Group

Instruments you play

Scroll to see replies

I play the electric and acoustic guitar, going for my grade 7 electric guitar exam sometime before December. It kind of sucks that I don't have a band to play with so I'm forced to come up with stuff on my own all the time
Reply 41
Original post by Spock's Socks
I can't play any instrument but I sing. I sang all throughout school and then got accepted to do a music course at college and was only one of three singers that made the class :colondollar: I was going to study music or performing arts at uni but switched to biology as I lost all my confidence with music tbh after encountering so many pricks in that music course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could sing!!!! that's amazing that you got into that course too! AHH THATS SO BAD, do you think you'll continue it in your free time?
Original post by eve_4342
I wish I could sing!!!! that's amazing that you got into that course too! AHH THATS SO BAD, do you think you'll continue it in your free time?

Nah I haven't really sang since I quit that course six years ago :frown: I really do miss it but whenever I try to sing, I just can't really get into it :frown: hoping my mojo comes back eventually :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Spock's Socks
Nah I haven't really sang since I quit that course six years ago :frown: I really do miss it but whenever I try to sing, I just can't really get into it :frown: hoping my mojo comes back eventually :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope it comes back for you too!!
Original post by AbstractHeart
I'll look the Toccata when I get home. It sounds quite interesting.

The toccata is really difficult, and I can't play it anywhere near the 'actual' tempo (some recordings on YouTube are ridiculously fast, so fast that the piece loses its character). But it's still really good fun to play, imo.
Original post by eve_4342
omg it's THAT piece!!!!

uh-huh :ahee:
Reply 46
I play drums :smile: I did a bit of guitar when I was younger, but I love playing and writing drum music :biggrin:
Reply 47
I shud've known this is TSR everyone here has been playing since they were 5 :| It somewhat belittles my Grade 5 in Piano ( I can play sorta higher but I haven't done my Grade 5 theory (That's on the 8th of November)) and my slight ability with an accordion...
Piano - Grade 5 done in 2013.
Rusty. Grade 7/8 pieces previously played and getting back into it.
Think I'm first to say that I play the Saxophone (alto saxophone to be precise). Although I'm about to buy tenor and have a strong feeling I'll stick with simply because Blues Rock Solos on it are amazing man. It's a great hobby because I am always learning, and even professionals are still always learning!

I did my grade 8, but to be honest, while a good qualification, I didn't find much enjoyment out of reading music. Since then I've been trying to do most things by ear and doing a lot of transcription. Although I have to say, Charlie Parker and Canonball Adderley solos need written notation :frown:.

I might try learn the bass later in life, that would be a great second instrument!

Quick Reply

Latest