Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    clothes horse things sound like a really good idea!!!! i havent heard of wilkinson though??

(Original post by Emma18)
    i havent heard of wilkinson though??
    General household store which sells generally very good stuff at decent prices!!! Im sure if you wander around a bit you'll eventually find one!!!

(Original post by Leekey)
    General household store which sells generally very good stuff at decent prices!!! Im sure if you wander around a bit you'll eventually find one!!!
    it is the best buy everything quite cheap and all in one place shop i know-they literally sell everything from kitchen stuff to gardening stuff to paint to toothpaste!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    You can get them cheaper in Wilkinson

lol, I can be tight sometimes. I'm starting to get excited about going. It's even worse when you take a year off!
    and its even worse than that when you've had 2 years off!!

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I copied and pasted the list from studential.com (thanks) into a word document...here it is if anyone hasn't seen it yet:
    Thanks, that is really useful! :-D There is a whole load of stuff there that I would have completely forgotten about! :-S Lxx

ReputationRep:
    It's good having staff discount though I don't think I should plug where I work anymore. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    and its even worse than that when you've had 2 years off!!

Ruthie xx
    2 years?? wat you been doin?
    my year off seemed to go quickly ho to be fair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjames40)
    2 years?? wat you been doin?
    my year off seemed to go quickly ho to be fair!
    first year i worked for a solicitors, this year i have worked for a property development company....
    wasn't sure what i wanted to do but finally on the course i want at the uni i want- psychology at birmingham!
    it has been beneficial as it means i now REALLY want to go to uni and get a good degree and have a fab time!!

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    how many pairs of shoes do you need?

this is more for girls... i asked my brother who said 'no more than 3, and that's if you need football boots as well as trainers and going-out shoes'

oh, and girls what do you take in terms of clothes? did you have too many or did you regret leaving anything behind?

lou xxx

(Original post by lou p lou)

this is more for girls... i asked my brother who said 'no more than 3, and that's if you need football boots as well as trainers and going-out shoes'

oh, and girls what do you take in terms of clothes? did you have too many or did you regret leaving anything behind?

lou xxx
    Maybe not quite a girl but I have the same shopping and fashion habits as one so....

I'm taking 2 pairs of trainers, 2 pairs of nice shoes, 1/2 pairs of nice but not nice enough to go out in shoes and other special shoes (e.g. football boots, running trainers etc...). I'm going to have to trim down the wardrobe in order to fit my clothes in though. They tell me that they provide a "single-ordinary wardrobe"?!? :confused: Think I'm going to have to interpret that as me having very little space for clothes.

ReputationRep:
    I took 3 pairs of trainers, 2 for everyday wear and one for sports, 2 pairs flip flops, 1 pair boots, 1 pair going out shoes, and one pair smart concert shoes. I aquired another pair of trainers and 2 more pairs of flip flops whilst there. I took way too many clothes and sent some home in the holidays. I did buy/aquire a lot of society clothing though because I'm in quite a few societies.

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    take as many as you can fit in the car, ou never know when a particular random pair of shoes you never where will come in handy ;0). I definately overpacked on shoes last year but i will still take the same ammount again. heres my defintite lsit

2 pairs of flatsuede boots (one black, one cream) so, so useful
    dressy boots
    1 or 2 pairs of black strappy shoes
    various flip flops
    trainers (sporty pair and a not so sporty pair)
    random others (mainly summery shoes) that can go form day to night
    a pair of plain shoes that i can walk the 3 miles to uni, through mud in when it rains
    ...... ahhhhhh that was my list of cutting down, its never going to all go in ;0)

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    i am planning to take:

flat suede boots
    trainers for sport
    casual trainers (Vans)
    posh sandals to go with my ballgown
    knee high boots
    smart shoes (slip on kickers)
    scruffy shoes (clogs)
    walking boots
    flip flops for the bathroom etc....
    slippers (maybe)

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    walking boots

Ruthie xx
    walking boots?? where you going??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    take as many as you can fit in the car, ou never know when a particular random pair of shoes you never where will come in handy ;0). I definately overpacked on shoes last year but i will still take the same ammount again.
    Thats a good idea I ment to mention but forgot. If you're not sure how big your room will be and so don't know how much to pack, take as much as will go in the car. If it dosn't all fit just get your parents to take it back.

ReputationRep:
    Think I'd better start buying stuff for uni now judging by the amount of things which I'll need. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    They tell me that they provide a "single-ordinary wardrobe"?!? :confused: Think I'm going to have to interpret that as me having very little space for clothes.
    It's horrible mate, half of my best clothes ended up folded in a big deep draw or in a suitcase under my bed You need all the clothes aswell, unless you want to be at the laundrette all the time..

ReputationRep:
    right here's the shoes i think i will take...

my beige suede boots (they seem pretty essential)
    my trainers
    black strappy heels
    silver strappy heels
    my pink + black smart shoes
    my brown smart shoes
    scruffy flat shoes (but look quite cute)
    my kick-ass knee-high stiletto boots (slightly domiatrix style but ideal for going out in)
    normal black knee-highs
    black flip-flops
    slippers

*cries that she is taking only about 2/5 of her shoe collection*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not quite a girl but I have the same shopping and fashion habits as one so....

I'm taking 2 pairs of trainers, 2 pairs of nice shoes, 1/2 pairs of nice but not nice enough to go out in shoes and other special shoes (e.g. football boots, running trainers etc...). I'm going to have to trim down the wardrobe in order to fit my clothes in though. They tell me that they provide a "single-ordinary wardrobe"?!? :confused: Think I'm going to have to interpret that as me having very little space for clothes.
    you can be an honoury girl sweetie

i'm not even onto what clothes i'm taking, and i know i'm going to buy loads more jumpers when i get up there. at home i quite easily fill 2 double wardrobes and have loads of drawers full of clothes... and there's no way i could leave any of my jeans or combats (pretty essential) and i do need all my little skirts for going out in... and then what to take in terms of formal dresses (i have about 3.. but it seems silly to take all of them each term)

lou xxx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think I'm gonna take all my shoes, which is about 20 pairs

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.