Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    make sure you're allowed a mini-fridge before buying one though! some halls dont allow anything like that in your rooms.

he he, im bringing a cooler bag, just in case :P

im sure it wont be far to the communal fridge anyway!

ReputationRep:
    make sure you're allowed a mini-fridge before buying one though! some halls dont allow anything like that in your rooms.

exeter wont let u....grrr....

ReputationRep:

Good point, but I think I read somewhere in the documentation that you can. They can also be handy if you cba to go to the fridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    Good point, but I think I read somewhere in the documentation that you can. They can also be handy if you cba to go to the fridge.
    Lazy c**t Some of the accomodation I've seen wouldn't have room for a mini fridge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tev)
    Lazy c**t Some of the accomodation I've seen wouldn't have room for a mini fridge...
    lol, I'll find room I have a habit of just putting everything in one big unorganised pile to make room for something else.

ReputationRep:
    Fridge in the middle, clothes on top, work stapled to the wall so you don't lose it, coke cans strewn everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjames40)
    he he, im bringing a cooler bag, just in case :P

im sure it wont be far to the communal fridge anyway!
    lol - what a plan!!

and anyone who nabs my stuff from the fridge will get a slap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tev)
    Fridge in the middle, clothes on top, work stapled to the wall so you don't lose it, coke cans strewn everywhere.
    What an accurate picture of what my room will look like. The coke situation would be worse during periods of work when it's necessary to work later into the evening.

ReputationRep:
    My room will be full of mugs with moulding tea/coffee in the bottom...

Oh, I don't know if I should take these. I've got a 4ft cardboard Frodo and a 2ft cardboard Dogbert. Should I take them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tev)

Oh, I don't know if I should take these. I've got a 4ft cardboard Frodo and a 2ft cardboard Dogbert. Should I take them?
    you shouldn't even have to ask that question...
    of course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tev)

stick them to the ceiling!!!

ReputationRep:
    stick them to the ceiling!!!
    Haha, then I can wake up every morning with Frodo looking at me
    What if they fall on me while I'm asleep? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tev)
    Haha, then I can wake up every morning with Frodo looking at me
    What if they fall on me while I'm asleep? :eek:
    Then you could get rather worried when you open your eyes!

ReputationRep:
    I'm definetly taking a cooler so that when I have a hang over, I can just reach into it to retrieve a cold bottle of water to help me get better! I think thats a much better idea than having to walk down the corridoor to the communal fridge to get the same thing looking like a right state and threatening to puke everywhere!! not nice, this is just one of the reasons why a cooler would be a great idea (i do mean a small one)!!

ReputationRep:
    I see from this that a lot of you are taking laptops or at least a computer. Are they essential as I have not got one and I am not sure if I can afford one!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    I see from this that a lot of you are taking laptops or at least a computer. Are they essential as I have not got one and I am not sure if I can afford one!!
    No, not essential but useful as you can lock yourself in your room if you need to do an all-nighter the day before an assignment is due. Some computer labs get really busy around exam time as well, just one less thing to worry about really. Are you sure you can't afford one? You could get a decent computer for less than £400.

ReputationRep:
    contraception??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Lad)
    contraception??
    Always a good thing to take....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    No, not essential but useful as you can lock yourself in your room if you need to do an all-nighter the day before an assignment is due. Some computer labs get really busy around exam time as well, just one less thing to worry about really. Are you sure you can't afford one? You could get a decent computer for less than £400.
    I have been looking, do you have any suggestions as to where I can get decent ones that cheap? I have been looking and the decent ones I have found cost £500 and more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    I have been looking, do you have any suggestions as to where I can get decent ones that cheap? I have been looking and the decent ones I have found cost £500 and more.
    I was thinking about self-build...do you have any friends who build computers?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.