Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could tell me why the one pound ****ing fifty in my account needs military grade security, and why EVERY TIME I try to use Internet Banking, something goes wrong?! I know my own bleeding date of birth. Why would I be wrong about it?

Why is it so hard?

ReputationRep:
    Why is it so hard?
    That's what my ex used to say.

1-0 to TML :cool:

[/pointless and crude joke] :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TML)

That's actually the most helpful and constructive advice anyone's ever given me when it comes to banking.

ReputationRep:
    ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TML)

'That's what she said' is better...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    Maybe you could tell me why the one pound ****ing fifty in my account needs military grade security, and why EVERY TIME I try to use Internet Banking, something goes wrong?! I know my own bleeding date of birth. Why would I be wrong about it?

Why is it so hard?
    If it's only £1.50, why do you care?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    If it's only £1.50, why do you care?
    I paid a cheque in earlier that day and thought there was a chance it may have gone in already. It hadn't, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    I paid a cheque in earlier that day and thought there was a chance it may have gone in already. It hadn't, obviously.
    Make sure you're getting the IB number right aswell as using the correct digits in your security code.

I must admit, it happens to me at least once a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej)
    Make sure you're getting the IB number right aswell as using the correct digits in your security code.

I must admit, it happens to me at least once a week.
    I phoned them this afternoon and they admitted that I was entering everything correctly (I really did go as far as to write down my security number and carefully circle the ones it wanted me to enter), but I had to reset everything anyway. Then when I was trying again to see if it'd work, the woman on the phone wouldn't shut up and stop trying to get me to open a savings account, meaning I couldn't get a word in edgeways to tell her it still wasn't working.

If it's not my security details, it's an "unexpected error" or the server's too busy or the site's down for maintenance. Just pissed me off is all.

ReputationRep:
    I phoned them this afternoon and they admitted that I was entering everything correctly (I really did go as far as to write down my security number and carefully circle the ones it wanted me to enter), but I had to reset everything anyway. Then when I was trying again to see if it'd work, the woman on the phone wouldn't shut up and stop trying to get me to open a savings account, meaning I couldn't get a word in edgeways to tell her it still wasn't working.

If it's not my security details, it's an "unexpected error" or the server's too busy or the site's down for maintenance. Just pissed me off is all.
    Well, I just got in to check my account.

Are you on the new style or old style internet banking layout?

ReputationRep:
    New style, I believe. It's working now anyway. :P

ReputationRep:
    New style, I believe. It's working now anyway. :P
    Ah, ok then, never mind

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.