The Student Room Group
heres the official definition which I like

"health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity"
Reply 2
For physical health i'd say its diet and exercise, whilst having supportive family and friends can affect mental wellbeing. No doube Genes play a part too, but breastfeeding? im not so sure about that one. I mean, if you are obese etc i dont think you can really blame that on having been bottle fed as a baby! So many health problems are caused by lifestyle choices, e.g. smoking, not wearing sunscreen ect.
Reply 3
I think breastfeeding just kicks starts your immune system (breast milk contains all the nutrients a baby needs)... but long-term health is maintained by a variety of factors. Obviously lifestyle choices play a huge part - as the above poster mentioned - smoking, over exposure to the sun... too much boozing, diet high in sugar and saturated fat, low exercise levels etc.

Mental well-being is inextricably linked to your physical state but is a lot more complex and also depends a number of things.
Reply 4
So will a child who is breast fed definately be healthier than if they are formula fed? Or do people mean they will be in most cases?
Reply 5
According to media yes they become healthier people in adulthood too.

I think more than anything its how much water you drink, seriously it gets rid of toxins etc

Latest

Trending

Trending