The Student Room Group

AS level in year 13?

I'm currently in year 12 studying maths, further maths, German and biology. Do you think it would be possible to do AS level computing in year 13? I didn't do computer science at GCSE.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by AnnemarieV
I'm currently in year 12 studying maths, further maths, German and biology. Do you think it would be possible to do AS level computing in year 13? I didn't do computer science at GCSE.

Well it depends on your school :smile: they can offer it but if you do really well in AS what is the need for an extra AS? As far as I am aware computer Sceince A level is not required for most Computer Sceince courses, as Maths,FM are the main ones. So if you do take an AS in A2 it might be unnecessary extra work, but if you find A levels easy and have good time management then you can go for it if you want.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Well it depends on your school :smile: they can offer it but if you do really well in AS what is the need for an extra AS? As far as I am aware computer Sceince A level is not required for most Computer Sceince courses, as Maths,FM are the main ones. So if you do take an AS in A2 it might be unnecessary extra work, but if you find A levels easy and have good time management then you can go for it if you want.

the main reason for me wanting to do it is to gain knowledge for myself
Original post by AnnemarieV
the main reason for me wanting to do it is to gain knowledge for myself

Okay, you could in summer after AS or summer after A2 learn about coding on this website called codecadamy?
Original post by SuperHuman98
Okay, you could in summer after AS or summer after A2 learn about coding on this website called codecadamy?

ooo that sounds interesting thanks
Normally you only do 4 a levels because it is what universities expect.
There is a change in the curriculum so now everyone doing alevel, does their AS and A2 exams all at the end of year 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest