hello people I really need help with my assignment work A.S.A.P.!!!! I am currently studying BTEC Applied Science Level 3 and I am currently working through unit 10: The Environmental Impact on the Local Environment. The merit task fir this assignment thus follows:
" In a written report discuss the pros and cons of the work of Pfizer in the eyes of the public. you should look at the overall benefits and negatives to the environment and the general public. "
Any form of help will be massively appreciated!!!! I have absolutely no idea where to start with this question and all the hours of research I have done for it have resulted in barely any information.
environmental issues with Pfizer - assignment help Watch
- Thread Starter
- 16-10-2016 22:12
- Official TSR Representative
- 18-10-2016 23:30
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if neededSpoiler:Show(Original post by Danny Dorito)
- 26-10-2016 21:09
Pfizer, as you might know, is one of the largest pharmacutical companies in the world. They make some drugs that are market leaders in their field and generate millions of dollars for Pfizer. Examples: Lipitor (cholesterol lowering agent called atorvastatin), Premarin (an oral contraceptive ["pill"]) and Viagra are some of their major revenue generators.
Head office: Manhattan, New York.
Mention the above and expand on it by googling each drug, and Pfizer.
Then talk about NHS and how it finances public health with drug companies making tons of cash at expense of NHS. Talk about how people might support the research into treatments (maybe Pfizer is justified in charging NHS lots of money because it takes 1-2 decades of research (Phase 1 to Phase 4 clinical trials) before drugs comes on market with product license), and it costs Pfizer millions before it makes it's first penny.
Other points to discuss are:
1. Experiments on animals and the people who place animals before human beings.Is it right to place bombs in a professor's office simply because he/she uses animals to benefit mankind. What is the impact of such explosions on climate and will the reluctance of researchers to continue such research alter population demographics? Discuss the pros and cons.
2. Dumping of waste in large amounts - does it lead to climate change? Can it affect the fauna and flora and the food chains to disadvantage certain species?
3. Use of large amounts of power for automated processes - large manufaturing plants - world shortage.of energy.
4. Release of gases that might alter the ozone layer. Does the advantage of treating serious illness outweigh the catastrophes of global warming. Are the deaths from tsunamis and earthquakes greater than those from untreated disease (assuming these "acts of nature" are related to CO2 emission, etc.)?
5. The Q implies that there is some publicity about this - check the news in relation to Pfizer - Times, BBC, Reuters, etc.
Finish with a balanced overall conclusion/analysis.
Hope this helps to start you off!
- Thread Starter
- 27-10-2016 19:41
thankyou soooooooo much
- 28-10-2016 02:17
You are most welcome!