Leave college for apprenticeship?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i'm in a huge dilema. Currently i'm in my second year of college - studying Marketing, advertising and PR Management (L3) of-course. But haven't been enjoying the course as much - so decided to look for apprenticeships within Marketing.

After attending countless amounts of interviews, i've finally been offered a position, for a company called Epitomy Solutions - as their Business Developement Representative ...Below is the description:
    "Working as part of a dynamic Sales & Marketing team, the successful apprentice will play a key role in promoting Product Information Management services to new clients
    They will initiate sales leads through desk research and marketing campaigns
    Reporting to the Marketing Manager, they will also help to quote and close sales enquiries."

Anyway, ofcourse they went into more deph during the interview as to what i'd have to learn/do etc - which is a-lot seeing as they're a small company ( 15 employees), so workloads tends to be huge.

Now the problem is my manager & partner both don't feel safe with taking this apprenticeship and leaving college, as they're don't think its worth it. More so with my manager , as we've become quite good friends lately, so we had a very long chat about it - and he believes, i've not thought hard enough about it.

I've pretty much made my mind to go with the apprenticeship - but a part of me is thinking 'what if it doesn't work out'

So guys - what do you think? Is my choice of going for this apprenticeship & ditching college, as-well as University ideal?

sorry for it being so long.

ReputationRep:
    Don't leave college. Finish of level 3 then do advanced apprenticeship

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.