How can I get to know this guy?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

I live in an apartment complex and saw a guy in the concierge earlier - he checked me out and I found him cute but didn't think much more of it. He went out of the building and then came back and I overheard him telling the receptionist his flat number which happens to be in the same building as me. I left the concierge, went back to my flat, and then he was walking in to my apartment building as I was leaving it a few minutes later. I held the door out for him as he had lots of stuff, he thanked me and I said it was OK. I think he is so cute and I want to know him but I don't want to come off as desperate.

Right now I know nothing about him, just his flat number. I don't know if he is single but I kinda got the feeling he found me attractive. I was in my gym gear which I guess helps, and I was standing next to him at one point and it was a little awkward for both of us which I don't think it would have been if he found me ugly. I'm usually quite good at judging whether someone is in to me but for all I know he could be living with a girlfriend.

I know there's a chance I may bump in to him again, but there are usually so many people around the complex that I may even struggle to pick him out/ have forgotten what he looks like.

What would be the safest course of action for me to take? I would like to get my message across effectively but I don't want to have my pride hurt, say if he is taken or is not interested. I also don't want to come off as easy.

Please help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I live in an apartment complex and saw a guy in the concierge earlier - he checked me out and I found him cute but didn't think much more of it. He went out of the building and then came back and I overheard him telling the receptionist his flat number which happens to be in the same building as me. I left the concierge, went back to my flat, and then he was walking in to my apartment building as I was leaving it a few minutes later. I held the door out for him as he had lots of stuff, he thanked me and I said it was OK. I think he is so cute and I want to know him but I don't want to come off as desperate.

Right now I know nothing about him, just his flat number. I don't know if he is single but I kinda got the feeling he found me attractive. I was in my gym gear which I guess helps, and I was standing next to him at one point and it was a little awkward for both of us which I don't think it would have been if he found me ugly. I'm usually quite good at judging whether someone is in to me but for all I know he could be living with a girlfriend.

I know there's a chance I may bump in to him again, but there are usually so many people around the complex that I may even struggle to pick him out/ have forgotten what he looks like.

What would be the safest course of action for me to take? I would like to get my message across effectively but I don't want to have my pride hurt, say if he is taken or is not interested. I also don't want to come off as easy.

Please help me
    There's no way this won't look desperate tryna bang a neighbour but you know his flat so just...go...

(Original post by 0to100)
    There's no way this won't look desperate tryna bang a neighbour but you know his flat so just...go...
    I don't just want to bang

ReputationRep:

Please help me
    This is going to sound weird as hell, but where are you staying e.g. uni?

This literally happened to me a few days ago but I would have been the guy

(Original post by Hep Guardiola)
    This is going to sound weird as hell, but where are you staying e.g. uni?

This literally happened to me a few days ago but I would have been the guy
    London...this happened today

ReputationRep:
    I don't just want to bang
    Didn't say nothing about banging, love, just go by and ask him out...

or wait around for him to come out idk. You literally don't know the guy....

ReputationRep:
    London...this happened today
    Oh okay cool, I'd talk to him, he may be shy so if you have the confidence you should make the first move. That's what I would have wanted you to do if I had been him. Say "I've seen you around, what's your name?" and then see if the conversation leads anywhere.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.