The Student Room Group

Should I stay or should I go?

Hi, I have a meeting tomorrow with my sixth-form liaison officer to explain why I am leaving college in favour for and apprenticeship. I seriously don't know how to go about it as my parents are going to be there and they actually make me feel really uncomfortable when going to school. They sop up any BS that school says and as such never believe me as why would school lie?
Anyway, that's off topic. How do I out across my points without being made to feel like a complete dick?
Most sixth forms aren't interested in you being there if you don't want to be, so I'd imagine they'll actually be pretty encouraging of your plans.
I'm predicted 3 A grades at A-level but I just hate it there. The work's hard, I have few friends, teacher's are really sub-par (one of my biology teachers has a degree in biochemistry and had to teach herself all the content as she didn't know it). As I've mentioned in previous threads, I have severe motivational issues that I believe are linked to depression and this is basically why I hate it there but I know that I'll either be talked into staying and feeling even worse or leaving and potentially regretting my actions due to my parent's reactions.
Write down why you want to leave. Take it to the meeting. Read it out.

Act like a football manager when they get sacked/resign, prepare a statement and just go with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending