TSR, what's a good place to hide letters from my lover...

Announcements

So I was dating an amazing man for a while. Unfortunately , we couldn't stay together because of cultural reasons. Well basically, we both come from different cultures and background, it became tough so we decided to end it for both our sakes.

Anyway I still want to keep the memories since I had some of the best days of my life with him. He sent me gifts and wrote romantic letters. I was so close to throwing them away but then I thought, I can't let go of all the memories and I should keep them.

But where do I hide and keep safe my romantic letters and gifts? Here is the problem, I come from a strict very conservative family, I can't let anyone in my family see them. Right now the gifts are hidden in my cupboard but someone could easily find them there. I really don't know where I could hide them and keep it safe.

Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Under your mattress?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Your life sounds like a bollywood movie.

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess, it became tough because your families are traditionalist cockjockeys?

ReputationRep:
    A bag you take out with you? :dontknow:

(Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Under your mattress?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Your life sounds like a bollywood movie.
    My life is a Bollywood movie lol

(Original post by RobML)
    Let me guess, it became tough because your families are traditionalist cockjockeys?
    My family yes. His were fine Tbf.

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    A bag you take out with you? :dontknow:
    Well for now it's kinda safe in my cupboard but I was thinking of a more safer and secure option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What kind of age are you?

ReputationRep:
    Fold them up and keep them in a sock hidden in your sock draw

ReputationRep:
    My life is a Bollywood movie lol

Well for now it's kinda safe in my cupboard but I was thinking of a more safer and secure option.
    Are you Muslim from a Pakistani background?

ReputationRep:
    Tell your family to **** off and be with the guy you love

(Original post by RobML)
    What kind of age are you?
    I'm 21.

We come from completely different backgrounds including different beliefs,cultures, upbringing etc. We just somehow hit off.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21.

We come from completely different backgrounds including different beliefs,cultures, upbringing etc. We just somehow hit off.
    It sounds like the barriers between you are artificial and deliberate i.e. created by your parents
    Aren't you old enough to have some leeway with them?

ReputationRep:
    Just few subtle places I can think of atm- in a book / inside a big soft toy (although you would have to cut a small hole in the toy) / behind a picture in a picture frame.

Are you Muslim from a Pakistani background?
    Was it really that obvious?

(Original post by drowzee)
    Tell your family to **** off and be with the guy you love
    We had a good time and were In love but tbh thinking back I don't think we were well matched and had too many differences to make it work long term, but that's maybe because things just became too stressful.

(Original post by Kerbo)
    Lol sounds like an idea. I might try it.

ReputationRep:
    Was it really that obvious?

We had a good time and were In love but tbh thinking back I don't think we were well matched and had too many differences to make it work long term, but that's maybe because things just became too stressful.

Lol sounds like an idea. I might try it.
    Kinda and it's something people of that background do go through. I've been in a very similar situation myself so if you want a chat, my PMs are open

Kinda and it's something people of that background do go through. I've been in a very similar situation myself so if you want a chat, my PMs are open
    Sure. Are you Pakistani?

ReputationRep:
    Sure. Are you Pakistani?
    Indeed I am and I had to hide letters just like you did :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    a cashbox under the bed or a safety deposit box

ReputationRep:
    Bury them in the soil

Any more suggestions??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerbo)
    thats like the first place someone looks when they search for something or go through your stuff :lol:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What are you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.