Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

University of west London Adult Nursing 1st year reading list and timetable Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have been offered a place to start Adult nursing degree in Feb 2017 at UWL.
    I was wondering if anyone has started the Sep course and could give me a 1. reading list for the first year and 2. What the timetable is like? I.e. Days and times for uni attendance.

I just want to get started with some reading before uni starts so would really appreciate if anyone could give me some insight?

Cheers

Shahara

ReputationRep:
    You will have to do an anatomy and physiology exam in your first year so it might be worth revising body systems if you haven't done it for a while. YouTube have great videos that really helped me to learn a&p.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, thats a great starting point! The last time I did biology was at GCSE!
    I'm a bit gutted I wanted to do the PGDip and do the nursing in 2yrs but didn't apply in time so now doing the graduate course in feb to avoid tuition fee!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    i have also being offered a place to start Adult nursing degree in Feb 2017 at UWL and i was wondering if anyone has idea about the type of accommodation that is offered and also anyone that might be going to the open evening on Wednesday this week.

ReputationRep:
    I'l be commuting from my own house in slough so can't help out with accomodation info unfortunately.
    Where are you moving down from?
    Also what is this open evening about? I haven't been sent any info since being offered the unconditional place.. was just told il get timetable info etc in Jan!

ReputationRep:
    hi, I'm due to be starting nursing at uwl and was wondering what people's accomadation plans are. As I live far and will have to move up to reading?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am starting this course aswell in February 2017. As I will be moving from Ireland I will also need accommodation. I was looking at staying in Queens Court Accommodation, in a Twodio, which includes a double bed and ensuite. It is £152.50 a week, which is quite expensive, but the cheapest I could find. I would also like to know if anyone knows what our timetable will be like, or how many people will be starting with us? :O thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm staring aswell and yes that's the cheapest I could find to. I'm going to view them next week. It's with an ensuite and a shared kitchen. I'm not 100% on timetable but they did show us one and it seemed very well planned out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jlwoollams)
    Hi, I'm staring aswell and yes that's the cheapest I could find to. I'm going to view them next week. It's with an ensuite and a shared kitchen. I'm not 100% on timetable but they did show us one and it seemed very well planned out.
    The rooms seem quite nice online hopefully they're as nice in reality! Unfortunately I won't get to see them until I actually move in 😑 Would you mind putting up here, if you get to see them, if they are nice or how close they are to UWL? Oh really? Was the timetable (example) shown on the DBS day or were we emailed them? Sorry for all the questions 😂

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can let you know what they are like and I know they are very close to the uni. I can send you some photos I think about a 5-10 minute walk and they are in the centre. When are you moving in? I can send you some photos of it when I go there next week. You have Facebook? We asked for a timetable example. I am going to queens court next Thursday.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.