andrewfx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this as couldn't find a section for placements!

Basically I am at the point now where I am looking to apply for my placement year which I will hopefully be going out on next year. So far, I've found a few places I'm interested in and submitted applications to those, but I've always wanted to live away for a while so the prospect of doing a placement abroad interests me.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any kind of experience in this, and if they could point me in the right direction? I've had a quick look and can't find any real info on bagging a placement abroad anywhere! Are there any websites or anything that you could recommend to help me find a placement?

If it's any help the course I'm studying is Network Computing!

Thanks.
hamzaahmad786
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by andrewfx)
Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this as couldn't find a section for placements!

Basically I am at the point now where I am looking to apply for my placement year which I will hopefully be going out on next year. So far, I've found a few places I'm interested in and submitted applications to those, but I've always wanted to live away for a while so the prospect of doing a placement abroad interests me.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any kind of experience in this, and if they could point me in the right direction? I've had a quick look and can't find any real info on bagging a placement abroad anywhere! Are there any websites or anything that you could recommend to help me find a placement?

If it's any help the course I'm studying is Network Computing!

Thanks.
I'm doing a placement (not abroad though).

Check ratemyplacement.com, they usually have the most opportunities.
Don't forget you university's local careers site, I remember seeing plenty of placement schemes in China, Tanzania, Europe etc. Word of advice though, a placement is short-term so you can expect to get charged fee's by the employer.
Don't forget to check company websites, if they have a position opening in the USA for example, there is no reason why you cannot apply to it.
hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (237)
66.76%
No (118)
33.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed