The Student Room Group

Quickest time to complete all driving lessons?

I was taking driving lessons 2 years ago, can't remember how many lessons per week but I was literally nearly finishing. I didn't get the chance to completely finish all my lessons due to my busy lifestyle so I had to delay my driving. Now I want to get back to driving.

Does anyone know the average amount of lessons to take to pass? Also, what is the quickest time. Would a month and a half of lessons be ideal if I take 3 2-hour lessons per week?
Original post by Anonymous
I was taking driving lessons 2 years ago, can't remember how many lessons per week but I was literally nearly finishing. I didn't get the chance to completely finish all my lessons due to my busy lifestyle so I had to delay my driving. Now I want to get back to driving.

Does anyone know the average amount of lessons to take to pass? Also, what is the quickest time. Would a month and a half of lessons be ideal if I take 3 2-hour lessons per week?

With the average amount of lessons to pass remember it does vary from person to person but maybe because you were close to finishing 2 years ago maybe it won't take as long for you? With a month and a half of 3 2-hour lessons a week should be fine but have a chat with the instructor too and go from there.

Good luck! :smile: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I did a similar thing. Was at the point where I was very nearly ready for my test, and then didn't get around to arranging any lessons. A few weeks without lessons somehow turned in to over a year. Second time around, after my first lesson, my driving instructor booked me in for my test. That then gave me 6 weeks, where i did 2-4 hours a week.

If you were almost there, it should come back to you quite quickly. I would imagine that 6 hours a week practice for 6-8 weeks would be more than enough.
Reply 3
Original post by josh_v
I did a similar thing. Was at the point where I was very nearly ready for my test, and then didn't get around to arranging any lessons. A few weeks without lessons somehow turned in to over a year. Second time around, after my first lesson, my driving instructor booked me in for my test. That then gave me 6 weeks, where i did 2-4 hours a week.

If you were almost there, it should come back to you quite quickly. I would imagine that 6 hours a week practice for 6-8 weeks would be more than enough.

After your first lesson, second time around, how many weeks in advance did your instructor book you in for? Also, did you pass?
Reply 4
Original post by ohhello92x
With the average amount of lessons to pass remember it does vary from person to person but maybe because you were close to finishing 2 years ago maybe it won't take as long for you? With a month and a half of 3 2-hour lessons a week should be fine but have a chat with the instructor too and go from there.

Good luck! :smile: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! The thing is, my instructor now has a new car and I've not touched a car ever since! I've booked in a 2 hour lesson on Wednesday, hopefully get a better understanding then.
Reply 5
Original post by MrTurks
After your first lesson, second time around, how many weeks in advance did your instructor book you in for? Also, did you pass?

The first available test which was about 6 weeks away. I passed first time.
Reply 6
Original post by josh_v
The first available test which was about 6 weeks away. I passed first time.

Nice, i've booked a test but the earliest is 16 weeks away... More than enough time to practice and pass first time right?
Original post by MrTurks
Thanks! The thing is, my instructor now has a new car and I've not touched a car ever since! I've booked in a 2 hour lesson on Wednesday, hopefully get a better understanding then.

You're welcome :smile:
Ah fair enough, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest