Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

if anyone with experience of my situation could help me that would be great. i am awaiting my as grades and i personally know i haven't done anywhere near as well as I would have liked. I am looking c's and d's when I was all along hoping for four a's. I obviously intend to re sit every module of as next year but how do I convey this on my ucas. My teachers will obviously predict me on my as which will be inevitably a poor set o results however after all my re sits and work next year I would like to think I can achieve my initially intended target. Does this mean I have to take a gap year and re apply to the top universities in order for them to see my hopefully "new and improved grades" in due course. Any help with this situation will be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

A

ReputationRep:
    I'm not in a similar situation but i know people who have been. I achieved 2a's and 2 b's in my AS which was disappointing for me and i had to do some serious work to have them predict me 3 A's on my UCAs. Thus i'd say it'd be almost impossible for you to have them predict you decent grades if you really don't do well i.e. get D's. Therefore taking a gap year and reapplying when you have worked your ass off next year and got your grades would be the best idea. Either way, keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow because it might not be as bad as u think anf, if you get B's, you may well be able to convince them that you'll get A's with some resits. Finally, what did you get in your coursework this year? If you got A's that'll help your cause in getting you teachers to predict you a's overall. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    That's my plan. If i fail to get good grades tomorrow then i will take a gap year and apply for 2009 entry.

ReputationRep:
    heyy
    help meeeee!

I am currently in Spain for a holiday and wont be back till Next week. Therefore I will not be able to go into college to collect my results.
    What do you suggest I do??
    Ring my college?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

thanks,
    Mark.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys. all the cwk aspects of my subjects are next year unfortunately. looks like next years going to be a real tough one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newsome)
    heyy
    help meeeee!

I am currently in Spain for a holiday and wont be back till Next week. Therefore I will not be able to go into college to collect my results.
    What do you suggest I do??
    Ring my college?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

thanks,
    Mark.
    Err don't steal someone elses thread! Start ure own!

ReputationRep:
    Will your college let you resit every single exam? My college certainly wouldn't, and it will be very difficult for you to sit two years of exams at once. If you're really intent on getting the top grades, I think it would be better for you to repeat the year. If your uni entrance is going to be delayed anyway then it won't make any difference to that, and it will make it a lot easier for you get get top marks in your AS.

ReputationRep:
    why wouldn't you be allowed to sit all your exams? it should be your choice

ReputationRep:
    ill have to re sit some at a different college i guess

ReputationRep:
    for my as grades i got abcd... when i was predicted aaab!

now for me and my pass track record with gcse results and overall school work ethic, my personal tutor put predicted grades of abb (although im hoping i get aab tomorrow!) on my ucas application (or so i think...)

so i guess in the end its up to you in asking whoever does your application that you are determined to put in the hard work and get those grades next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anek69)
    Hey guys,

if anyone with experience of my situation could help me that would be great. i am awaiting my as grades and i personally know i haven't done anywhere near as well as I would have liked. I am looking c's and d's when I was all along hoping for four a's. I obviously intend to re sit every module of as next year but how do I convey this on my ucas. My teachers will obviously predict me on my as which will be inevitably a poor set o results however after all my re sits and work next year I would like to think I can achieve my initially intended target. Does this mean I have to take a gap year and re apply to the top universities in order for them to see my hopefully "new and improved grades" in due course. Any help with this situation will be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

A
    Hello

I'm in exactly the same situation. My initial target was AAA and it still is. i will be allowed to resit the modules I need i think but It will be unlikely that my teachers will be able to predict me grades of AAA/AAB which i will need to apply to my desired universities and course. Therefore, I am applying for 2009 entry. Hopefully with AAA/AAB already in the bag. obviously I am going to have to work my ass of this year. But I have my heart set on two universities and their courses and really don't wan't to apply anywhere else.

Hopefully it will work out for the both of us...

My social life is going to near non existant that year mind, but it will be worth it.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.