Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Anyone doing their coursework over summer holidays? I'm doing AQA Economics, and our teacher has got us to do it now!

I was just wondering what everyone's doing....

I'm doing "The determinants of Spectator Demand in English Football" but i've only done about 3 pages...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it too. The biggest thing I'm really worried about is the style and how to cite properly.

By the looks of my coursework now most of it is just citation after citation.

I've done seven pages and my teacher said that the 4000 word limit is wrong - the minimum he expects me to do is 6000.

I'm doing it on aviation emissions trading. I don't like giving out the exact title since like everyone can see it...lol...

ReputationRep:
    our teacher actually said to us hes too lazy to mark coursework, so instead we have to do an exam in january as a replacement to coursework....so annoying !!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well the exam in some respects is kinda easier.

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher told us that it was 4000-4200 ish, 6000 is far too long! I've got lots of statistics and analysis but not enough hard theory - need to try and get some in!

ReputationRep:
    Remember to be concise, make your point and move on. My teacher hates waffle and so do the moderators.

ReputationRep:
    guys i have just finished a level economics and i got 6As in 6 modules( two of them were %100%) and i am being honest, out of my success my teacher has only contributed about %10 to my grade. the most important factor is self-study. I was only going to college for EMA :0 . in fact in the last two months to the exams i never went to college. By the way u should alway think vof your best mates as you best competitiors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mezitli)
    guys i have just finished a level economics and i got 6As in 6 modules( two of them were %100%) and i am being honest, out of my success my teacher has only contributed about %10 to my grade. the most important factor is self-study. I was only going to college for EMA :0 . in fact in the last two months to the exams i never went to college. By the way u should alway think vof your best mates as you best competitiors
    Cheers and well done! I got 90/90, 95/105 and 93/105 in June, AAA in Economics, which was great as i want to study it at Uni.

Agreed, a lot of what i did, even for AS was self study. The teacher teaches the basics, but you have to grasp and understand it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pomeroy784)
    Cheers and well done! I got 90/90, 95/105 and 93/105 in June, AAA in Economics, which was great as i want to study it at Uni.

Agreed, a lot of what i did, even for AS was self study. The teacher teaches the basics, but you have to grasp and understand it.
    well done 2 you too mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marshmallows)
    Well the exam in some respects is kinda easier.
    you've got to be kidding me ....

the coursework, whilst the most time consuming part of the course, is arguably the easiest module - you get to study what you want (within reason) to whatever degree you want.

personally I did "is there a financial crisis in football", it was quite enjoyable and I came out with a great grade at the end, it's much better than doing an exam on the european union.

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe I'm slightly biased towards exams, but hey each to his own.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.