Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Parents live abroad (California), how much student finance am I entitled to? Watch

    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently in college to apply to university these coming few months, however, my parents just moved to California this August.

    I was just wondering what this means for my student finance because technically I have no household income living off my savings throughout the past few years. Does this mean I can put in £0 in household income when I apply? What can I say/do in my application in order to get as much financial support for myself going into university?

    Additional information; I will be 20 y/o when I enter university, I am a UK citizen with a green card/immigrant visa to the US, I currently live alone.

    For the 2017/18 academic year your student finance would be assessed on your parents 2015/16 income.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Hi there.

    If you are still in contact with your parents then we will still require them to submit their income figures for you which can be done online.

Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.