Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    god i wish i never started this thread i never thought it would come to this. people arguing with each other over nothing and getting abuse hurled at me when you dont even know me!I thought this place was for advice not for personal insults.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even remember telling my family I love them Only my girlfriend.

I hate the way people casually say 'I love you' and to a lesser extent sign messages with kisses, when they don't love the person, and wouldn't kiss them.

ReputationRep:
    thats what im trying to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i'm in my early twenties and the only people i ever say 'love you' to are my family, my bf and maybe like twice in my entire life to my best female friend.

it sounds more like something you do when you're 12 and hugging your friends goodbye when you're leaving school than something people in their late teens or twenties would/should be doing.

and anyway, you criticised me for the way i lead my life, remember?! 'uptight' ring a bell?!
    yeah you dont just randomly go "i loooooooooooove you." to your friends its.......tacky.

oh and your culture where are you from a hippy commune? (not you grace lol:p: )

(Original post by Fruitcakex)
    god i wish i never started this thread i never thought it would come to this. people arguing with each other over nothing and getting abuse hurled at me when you dont even know me!I thought this place was for advice not for personal insults.
    well of course we dont know you, were just going on what youve said and you went loopy on some girl who sent your bf a message
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    yes of course im a psychopath. really truly i am. Corse im not, i said that out of anger, of course i wouldnt go and do something like that, i am not like that.
    You must be pretty stereotypical to think im most likely a chav who goes around starting fights. Im not even going to explain how different i am to that
    You don't need to explain yourself to us. Go and apologise to the girl you threatened to "**** up", otherwise yeah, you pretty much are no different to that. I don't care much, this isn't really about what kind of impression I get of you, this is about a couple of girls being friendly and flirty and you threatening to injure them.

In other news, if you trust your boyfriend, why does any of this matter? It's not as if he's asked them to write all that, is it? I flirt with some of my friends, male or female, young or old. It's harmless fun, and maybe it's coincidence that your boyfriend happens to have met a truckload of them. Until he starts acting on this there's no reason you should have any doubts, surely? Otherwise you wouldn't be with the guy...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes, but telling people it's ok to say "I love you" just because it's ok "in your country" is crap advice. It's not ok in our country. Bizarrely, "I love you" in our country generally shows some kind of, well, you know, love. Of course, there are plenty of people who use it differently, but it can be grossly misinterpreted (see this thread, for example), so it's really not good advice at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I don't know. I'm certainly of the option that - If you trust your partner it shouldn't matter. But then if you know your partner would be upset by something like that - by somone flirting with you - then I would have thought you would want to avoid that.

Even if you shouldn't have to. You would want to.

But in this case we can't judge based on that as we don't know anything about the actions of the boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    can someone please just close this thread cos people dont understand the background of this and i really wish i hadnt started this. sorry
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Hmm I don't know. I'm certainly of the option that - If you trust your partner it shouldn't matter. But then if you know your partner would be upset by something like that - by somone flirting with you - then I would have thought you would want to avoid that.

Even if you shouldn't have to. You would want to.

But in this case we can't judge based on that as we don't know anything about the actions of the boyfriend.
    Hmm, are you talking about the boyfriend here?

I don't remember him being mentioned anything other than passively. I wonder if he's been writing similar things back. Even if he has, I can't see that it matters, but if the OP gets upset about it, maybe it's time she actually spoke to him about it.

Yet another H&R thread that might well have been easily solved by printing off the first post and showing it to her boyfriend.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    can someone please just close this thread cos people dont understand the background of this and i really wish i hadnt started this. sorry
    Of course we don't understand the background. You haven't explained the background. Would you like to explain the background, or keep making out as if we're thick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Hmm, are you talking about the boyfriend here?
    See last section of my post :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    See last section of my post :p:
    Aye, most of that post wasn't directed specifically at you, I just quoted you because... I was bored really. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Are you an emo? Your starting to really come across as one with all this "no one understands me" crap.

If you told us the background then maybe we would as i and others have already said we cant comment on stuff we dont know

ReputationRep:
    Ladies! Ladies! Calm down!
    :rolleyes:

I personally don't think there's anything inherantly wrong in telling someone you love in a platonic sense that you care for them (except ALL THE FLIPPING TIME, or when you use phrases like ' omg i well propa luv u babez xXxXx' or suchlike. That's just icky. But then it's a matter of taste). It's just probably a good idea not to do so on the internet or via txts where it can be misunderstood as no-one can hear your tone of voice and can get confused and angry. But hey, that's just my two cents...

OP - Maybe your response of threatening to **** this girl up was a little bit extreme. I can understand why you'd be angry about it, but it might seem a bit of a disproportionate response. But nevermind, it's done now, and unless you actually carry out the threat I doubt it'll come to any serious harm. Maybe tell your boyfriend how uncomfortable this all makes you feel, get him to have a word with these girls? If he cares about you and your relationship, he'll probably want to sort this out if he knows it's bothering you.

ReputationRep:
    im not trying to make out your a thick because i know your probably not, and i dont stereotype like that. I just feel that i genuinely want this thread closed because i realised you would need to know the background information and im not prepared to and its too complicated and people would put me down over it regardless .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    Are you an emo? Your starting to really come across as one with all this "no one understands me" crap.

If you told us the background then maybe we would as i and others have already said we cant comment on stuff we dont know
    :rofl: that actually made me chuckle out loud :suith:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.