The Student Room Group

I don't know whether to go to university

I grew up wanting to be a primary school teacher. However, now the thought of going to uni doesn't interest me. I would ideally like a career in child/pastoral care. However, i don't know if this is possible without a degree. Also, there are opportunities like working at Mercedes or something completely different that I could look into money-wise. I don't know what the best decision is.
Original post by HannahJ99
I grew up wanting to be a primary school teacher. However, now the thought of going to uni doesn't interest me. I would ideally like a career in child/pastoral care. However, i don't know if this is possible without a degree. Also, there are opportunities like working at Mercedes or something completely different that I could look into money-wise. I don't know what the best decision is.

Why not take a gap year and use it to try various options out, get yourself plenty of work experience:smile:
Reply 2
There's no rush, I worked fot 3 years until I decided that I wanted to go to uni and by then I actually had a proper career in mind. University does open up ALOT of doors (depending on how you use your time there) despite everyone saying you don't need to go to uni to do well. Which may be true, but it makes things alot more difficult in my personal experience.

Quick Reply

Latest