Trump's election-rigging charges

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Before the election, Trump is whipping up his followers with divisive rhetoric, claiming that the results will be illegitimate - without a shred of evidence. In a Politico poll, 3 in 4 Republicans believe this claim and a vocal minority of them are calling for armed insurrection. This is unprecedented, with exception of the 1850s.

Al Gore in 2000 immediately accepted the legitimacy of his defeat in Florida in spite of evidence of irregularities; in 1960, Nixon did so as well, though Daley's "machine" in Chicago may have thrown Illinois and thus the election to Kennedy.

I am of American origin and have been a serious political junky for 40 years. For the first time in my life, I feel scared for the future of American institutions, let alone what would happen if Trump won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alcibiade)
    Before the election, Trump is whipping up his followers with divisive rhetoric, claiming that the results will be illegitimate - without a shred of evidence. In a Politico poll, 3 in 4 Republicans believe this claim and a vocal minority of them are calling for armed insurrection. This is unprecedented, with exception of the 1850s.

Al Gore in 2000 immediately accepted the legitimacy of his defeat in Florida in spite of evidence of irregularities; in 1960, Nixon did so as well, though Daley's "machine" in Chicago may have thrown Illinois and thus the election to Kennedy.

I am of American origin and have been a serious political junky for 40 years. For the first time in my life, I feel scared for the future of American institutions, let alone what would happen if Trump won.
    Trump is probably right though.

So many hate him they may cheat to stop him

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ibt...?client=safari

Trump2016

ReputationRep:
    Regarding American institutions, I am scared that the government shutdowns of 1995-1996 and 2013 will become regular occurrences when the Republican base (encouraged by Trump) chooses congressional nominees who are so extreme that the House Freedom caucus would seem moderate in comparison.

What if these representatives only accept the legitimacy of any new Democratic president if major concessions are handed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)

Trump2016
    Prove it. Where is your evidence? It would be very very hard to do it everywhere.

This election has been dragged right down to the gutter and accusations like this without evidence are corrosive. If there is any evidence of rigging then they have to report it to whoever the electoral commission is. Tbh Im extremely sceptical and it sounds more like preparation for losing. The political process and respect for it is more importnat than who gets elected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)

Trump2016
    The electoral authority in the states puts it at roughly one vote out of every million or so cast is fraudulent. Voter fraud is so rare that in one state there have been 10 prosecutions over the past decade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hope the idiot loses, this election is a joke

ReputationRep:
    Here's what makes it all the more laughable: most swing-state elections are run by republicans.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html

ReputationRep:
    It's just a way to save face when he loses, but it gives a really bitter taste to the start of the next presidency if (when?) Hilary does win.

ReputationRep:
    Well... I'm not a Trump fan, but he isn't wrong. The media is rigging this election.

Secret tapes show Trump saying something offensive about women and the world explodes; Secret tapes show Clinton promising the banks she'll let Wall Street decide their own regulations and she's a climate change denier and nobody says a word.

I am very uneasy with the partisan shillery happening in this election(And the last election). Things have gotten pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    Americans love shooting each other and will use any excuse to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Well... I'm not a Trump fan, but he isn't wrong. The media is rigging this election.

Secret tapes show Trump saying something offensive about women and the world explodes; Secret tapes show Clinton promising the banks she'll let Wall Street decide their own regulations and she's a climate change denier and nobody says a word.

I am very uneasy with the partisan shillery happening in this election(And the last election). Things have gotten pretty bad.
    The old two wrongs make a right argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    The old two wrongs make a right argument.
    What? The point is the the election isn't fair and just, not that one candidate is in the right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToussJ)
    What? The point is the the election isn't fair and just, not that one candidate is in the right.
    Its up to the voters to decide what they think is important, clearly, Trump filmed boasting about molesting women is more important than Clinton letting Wall Street make the rules according to the voters.

If Trump kept his dick in his trousers, he won't have this problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Its up to the voters to decide what they think is important, clearly, Trump filmed boasting about molesting women is more important than Clinton letting Wall Street make the rules according to the voters.

If Trump kept his dick in his trousers, he won't have this problem.
    Not according to the voters. According to the media. The media are spending an inordinate amount of time attacking Trump(And there is a lot to attack) where Clinton's issues are more likely to impact the Presidency.

Clinton's issues are mass corruption related while Trump's are that he is a terrible person with terrible hair.

How I wish Romney were running. Here was a centrist technocratic problem-solver and competent governor who was skewered for saying 47% of people in the US don't pay income tax(It's actually 45%, Romney! Get your facts straight), for being anti-gay(Despite being the Mass. governor who signed gay marriage in to law) and anti-Poor(Despite being the one who implemented universal health care for his state). The man dug Massachussetts out of debt, was married to his high school sweetheart and was just a brilliant governor.

Sadly, the media skewered him - The most non-controversial choice in decades - and painted him as a Mr. Burns-esque maniac. They are to blame for Trump's rise in a very real sense; People are sensing the massive lies behind the media and they're losing faith.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 31
Size:  27.5 KB

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 31
Size:  27.5 KB

lol
    oh, so she just deleted Top Secret and Classified emails using a third party app? That's ok then.
    Bloody American media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luneth)
    oh, so she just deleted Top Secret and Classified emails using a third party app? That's ok then.
    Bloody American media.
    I think that's the joke...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luneth)
    Bloody American media.
    There's a video somewhere of a CNN anchor asking for the claim of Hillary's team destroying multiple blackberrys with hammers to destroy evidence and was gutted when their fact checker admitted it was true. Lols were had. Also bear in mind Hillary said it was only one device she used in all of this. Turns out it was 16+.

Did you see the DNC leak which proved CNN were literally taking orders from Hillary's team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Firstly, Trump is not simply saying that there is a partisan media. He's alleging literal electoral fraud.

Secondly, the media bias argument is complex, depends how you measure it, and is somewhat different between the primaries and the general election, but overall the media's de facto bias has been in favour of Trump. Particularly in the primaries, Trump got shedloads of free media attention, broadcasts of his rallies that went on for hours (unlike the other GOP candidates), he was given a free pass on blatantly false claims, like Iraq. In short, it's sensationalist coverage - they covered Trump more because they think he's more interesting to cover/gets better ratings/etc. To a certain level that has a positive effect, as it got him attention and notice throughout the primaries. Now it's have a negative effect because he's essentially hit his ceiling of support.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.