Biomedical lab WEX

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    There's a possibility that I will be able to have some work experience in an Oxford University biomedical lab. I would really like to do it but I'm not sure if it would be very relevant to veterinary (as this one focusses on heart disease research in humans). Would this be relevant enough or should I focus on getting more hunsbandry WEX?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure any lab experience is accepted as husbandry wex by most, if not all of the universities.

ReputationRep:
    Wow lucky. Don't really have advice but how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    I'm pretty sure any lab experience is accepted as husbandry wex by most, if not all of the universities.
    That's good! Thank you

(Original post by _4everfaithful__)
    Wow lucky. Don't really have advice but how old are you?
    I'm 15 (16 next month woo). My dad has contacts with some Oxford professors/fellows who may be able to offer me a place (:

ReputationRep:
    That would be highly valuable experience!
    Particularly Surrey, but other unis also, are interested in the link between human and animal research and how it can benefit other species so that would be great. The only thing to watch is some universities cut off date for experience is 18 months prior to the October you are applying. Most will still count older placements but they may not be credited as strongly as more recent placements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VMD100)
    That would be highly valuable experience!
    Particularly Surrey, but other unis also, are interested in the link between human and animal research and how it can benefit other species so that would be great. The only thing to watch is some universities cut off date for experience is 18 months prior to the October you are applying. Most will still count older placements but they may not be credited as strongly as more recent placements.
    That's great thank you
    Yes, I've seen on the RVC website that they only count WEX within 18 months of applying towards the 4 week requirement. Does this still mean I can put down work experience from before this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzyambee)
    That's great thank you
    Yes, I've seen on the RVC website that they only count WEX within 18 months of applying towards the 4 week requirement. Does this still mean I can put down work experience from before this?
    When I filled in my RVC form I included all my placements, not just recent. Same with Liverpool. For Nottingham I only put recent as they didn't specify and you can only add 6 placements.

ReputationRep:
    I would go for it! Would be a very good experience, one that is quite difficult to get.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 25, 2016
TSR Support Team
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.