How can I get an eight pack?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I started gym a couple of days ago and now aiming for an eight pack. The thing is there are so many myths surrounding the topic so I thought I would ask for help from you lovely people. My main questions are do I need to go gym or not? What exercises in the gym should I do? How many calories should I take in a day and burn? How much fast food can I eat as I eat like 5 of these meals a week? I currently have a bad diet as in eat one proper meal a day snacking lack of water and breakfast. I know it sounds bad but I know I can change it and have had other stuff going on in my life. Sorry for so many questions.

P.S what do you eat in an average day and how many calories?

P.S.S: I am 18 and am currently underweight for my height

ReputationRep:
    The amount of abdominal muscles you have is genetic. You may only have a "4 pack" or a "6 pack"

Apart from that you have to be under a certain bodyfat for these abdominal muscles to show. You say you're already skinny, if you're skinny and can't see your abdominals you need to gain muscle. So you need to lift weights and build your core up - then lose the fat (you will have gained fat bulking up) to reveal your abs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JollyJelly)
    The amount of abdominal muscles you have is genetic. You may only have a "4 pack" or a "6 pack"

Apart from that you have to be under a certain bodyfat for these abdominal muscles to show. You say you're already skinny, if you're skinny and can't see your abdominals you need to gain muscle. So you need to lift weights and build your core up - then lose the fat (you will have gained fat bulking up) to reveal your abs.
    Thanks. I don't understand your point of only having a 4 pack or 6 pack. Does that mean some people no matter how hard they train can't get a eight pack?

ReputationRep:
    Get a tattoo of the tops of 8 beer cans on your stomach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnterNamehereplz)
    Thanks. I don't understand your point of only having a 4 pack or 6 pack. Does that mean some people no matter how hard they train can't get a eight pack?
    yes amount of abs is genetic, 4 6 or 8 or even 10 pack looks great so its fine as long as u have one. Do hanging bar knee raises, hanging bar Leg rasises, bicycle, crunches, plated twists ur good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Get a tattoo of the tops of 8 beer cans on your stomach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnterNamehereplz)
    Does that mean some people no matter how hard they train can't get a eight pack?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Eat less run more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Eat less run more.
    OP don't listen to this advice. You say you are already skinny but do not have visible abs. Eating less and running to burn more calories will not help your situation. It will make it worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JollyJelly)
    OP don't listen to this advice. You say you are already skinny but do not have visible abs. Eating less and running to burn more calories will not help your situation. It will make it worse.
    Didn't read that OP was underweight I just assumed normal weight. In that case eat less fatty foods. If you don't have visible abs it's because there is fat covering it, even if you're underweight for your height you can still have fat. Saying that yeah OP probably needs to have more protein in their diet and less fat. They'll probably gain weight in the process so will eventually have to eat less and run more at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco are more likely to have 8 packs than the gym tbh

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/produ.../?id=266798828

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.