SameDays
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I am currently doing a Practical Assessment which involves the reaction of an unknown group 1 metal to form with water. 2Li + 2H2O -> 2NaOH + H2
It provides questions to answer and I need some assistance, thanks.
1. Why should the reaction be done quickly? [because group 1 metals are highly reactive with moisture and so could react with moisture in the air] (2 marks). Is that enough for 2 marks?

2. Suggest the pH level of the solution in the conical flask after the reaction has taken place, explain your reasoning. [i don't know the pH level, but the metal was lithium. I know it's alkaline, but nothing specific. Help?!] (4 marks)

3. Compare the RAM derived from calculations with the accurate RAM mass of the metal you were given as stated in the periodic table. Discuss reasons for difference in the value. [We got 6.6 while the RAM is 7, human error is probably the cause] Evaluate methods, suggest how the errors effected the results, and outline way in which you could change the experiment. (6 marks).

The marks make me worried as I don't know how much content they expect or where the marks could come from. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (202)
43.72%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.58%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.21%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.39%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.84%

Watched Threads