Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

60s/70s fancy dress watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been invited to a 60s/70s fancy dress party and I don't really know what to wear. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    wicked! ...hold on - i'll design you outfit.
    male or female?
    edit: female - sorry

ReputationRep:
    Female- its for an 18th birthday party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opal)
    Female- its for an 18th birthday party
    theres a shop in camden that sells really cool 60s stuff...its by the lock..

ReputationRep:
    watch a few episodes of that 70's show ... u mite get a few ideas ,the 70's rocked

ReputationRep:
    can't go wrong with an orange suit... a la fez style...

ReputationRep:
    I live near Manchester so if anyone knows of anywhere around there to get some stuff

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, I wish my friends did themed parties like this! Try tie-dye, velvet, lace, satin, flares, glitter, fur...basically think Austin Powers and you won't be far off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opal)
    I live near Manchester so if anyone knows of anywhere around there to get some stuff
    Affleck's Palace in Manchester city centre, they do allsorts of alternative clothes, you're bound to find something there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    watch a few episodes of that 70's show ... u mite get a few ideas ,the 70's rocked
    no ashton kutcher rocks!

ReputationRep:
    marilyn monroe!!

someone will take my idea, since acaila didn't! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    these shoes: http://members.ams.chello.nl/vries02...side/70s_4.gif

ReputationRep:
    Pretty cool shoes but I doubt ill be able to walk in them. What about goin as a pink lady. Been lookin at the costumes on the internet but some are a bit mingin 2 be honest

ReputationRep:
    My mate hasa 70s themed party for her 18th...I just dressed very colourful, like a gypsy. I was sort of a gypsy/hippy (eerrr i dunno) lol! I wish i had a pic - it was quite impressive !! (well to myself anyway )

Are there any indian shops, where they sell cheap colourful simmery sarees? Ihad a bandana, rainbow top for £2 (from camden market I might add) and long flary white skirt...

does that help -err i doubt it - but it was well cheap! n diff

ReputationRep:
    oooh, my friend had a 70s fancy dress back in september! it was fantastic! great music!!!

all my friends just went to the fancy dress shop and hired psychedelic(sp?) suits and afros - but i wore a pair of cord flares and i made a poncho (before they were ''fashionable'' right now ) out of an old blanket and put fringes and pom poms on it! it was pretty! and them i flicked my hair out and wore big massive hoop earrings - gold - eeurgh!!!!!

i was daytime 70s barbie!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walk By)
    marilyn monroe!!

someone will take my idea, since acaila didn't! :mad:
    Oh shush :P I couldn't get anything for it. And Marilyn Monroe wasn't really 60s/70s was she?

Go as a hippie! Tye-dye skirt and top. Or jeans with lots of flower patches. Flowers in your hair and a CND sign painted on your face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Oh shush :P I couldn't get anything for it. And Marilyn Monroe wasn't really 60s/70s was she?

Go as a hippie! Tye-dye skirt and top. Or jeans with lots of flower patches. Flowers in your hair and a CND sign painted on your face
    hehe i dunno... since your rejection, i try to squeeze marylin in whenever possible

what era was she anyway??

hehe i have a hippie outfit! i wore it for fancy dress!

ReputationRep:
    My mummy says late 50s early 60s was Marilyn's era.

And as for hippie outfits, I'm currently wearing a bright purple tye-dye skirt . I've got loads of hippie clothes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    My mummy says late 50s early 60s was Marilyn's era.

And as for hippie outfits, I'm currently wearing a bright purple tye-dye skirt . I've got loads of hippie clothes
    ahh right...oh well, close enough :rolleyes:

hehe yay!! i love hipppies!! i would show you my picture but i dont want to... there was a fair on last year and it was full of hippie stuff, but my mate stopped me from buying any! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Awww me wanna see a pic now
    I wouldn't have stopped you buying hippie stuff . Unless you wanted the same stuff as me .
    I went out at halloween as a hippie, just wearing some of my normal clothes

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.