This discussion is closed.
opal
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I have been invited to a 60s/70s fancy dress party and I don't really know what to wear. Any ideas?
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
wicked! ...hold on - i'll design you outfit.
male or female?
edit: female - sorry
opal
Female- its for an 18th birthday party
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by opal)
Female- its for an 18th birthday party
theres a shop in camden that sells really cool 60s stuff...its by the lock..
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
watch a few episodes of that 70's show ... u mite get a few ideas ,the 70's rocked
Nik P
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
can't go wrong with an orange suit... a la fez style...
opal
I live near Manchester so if anyone knows of anywhere around there to get some stuff
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh wow, I wish my friends did themed parties like this! Try tie-dye, velvet, lace, satin, flares, glitter, fur...basically think Austin Powers and you won't be far off
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by opal)
I live near Manchester so if anyone knows of anywhere around there to get some stuff
Affleck's Palace in Manchester city centre, they do allsorts of alternative clothes, you're bound to find something there.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
watch a few episodes of that 70's show ... u mite get a few ideas ,the 70's rocked
no ashton kutcher rocks!
Walk By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
marilyn monroe!!

someone will take my idea, since acaila didn't! :mad:
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
these shoes: http://members.ams.chello.nl/vries02...side/70s_4.gif
opal
Pretty cool shoes but I doubt ill be able to walk in them. What about goin as a pink lady. Been lookin at the costumes on the internet but some are a bit mingin 2 be honest
JnA
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My mate hasa 70s themed party for her 18th...I just dressed very colourful, like a gypsy. I was sort of a gypsy/hippy (eerrr i dunno) lol! I wish i had a pic - it was quite impressive !! (well to myself anyway )

Are there any indian shops, where they sell cheap colourful simmery sarees? Ihad a bandana, rainbow top for £2 (from camden market I might add) and long flary white skirt...

does that help -err i doubt it - but it was well cheap! n diff
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oooh, my friend had a 70s fancy dress back in september! it was fantastic! great music!!!

all my friends just went to the fancy dress shop and hired psychedelic(sp?) suits and afros - but i wore a pair of cord flares and i made a poncho (before they were ''fashionable'' right now ) out of an old blanket and put fringes and pom poms on it! it was pretty! and them i flicked my hair out and wore big massive hoop earrings - gold - eeurgh!!!!!

i was daytime 70s barbie!!
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Walk By)
marilyn monroe!!

someone will take my idea, since acaila didn't! :mad:
Oh shush :P I couldn't get anything for it. And Marilyn Monroe wasn't really 60s/70s was she?

Go as a hippie! Tye-dye skirt and top. Or jeans with lots of flower patches. Flowers in your hair and a CND sign painted on your face
Walk By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
Oh shush :P I couldn't get anything for it. And Marilyn Monroe wasn't really 60s/70s was she?

Go as a hippie! Tye-dye skirt and top. Or jeans with lots of flower patches. Flowers in your hair and a CND sign painted on your face
hehe i dunno... since your rejection, i try to squeeze marylin in whenever possible

what era was she anyway??

hehe i have a hippie outfit! i wore it for fancy dress!
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My mummy says late 50s early 60s was Marilyn's era.

And as for hippie outfits, I'm currently wearing a bright purple tye-dye skirt . I've got loads of hippie clothes
Walk By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
My mummy says late 50s early 60s was Marilyn's era.

And as for hippie outfits, I'm currently wearing a bright purple tye-dye skirt . I've got loads of hippie clothes
ahh right...oh well, close enough :rolleyes:

hehe yay!! i love hipppies!! i would show you my picture but i dont want to... there was a fair on last year and it was full of hippie stuff, but my mate stopped me from buying any! :mad:
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Awww me wanna see a pic now
I wouldn't have stopped you buying hippie stuff . Unless you wanted the same stuff as me .
I went out at halloween as a hippie, just wearing some of my normal clothes
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (2)
8.33%
Confident (6)
25%
Indifferent (1)
4.17%
Unsure (9)
37.5%
Worried (6)
25%

Watched Threads