The Student Room Group

History Coursework - historian's interpretations

We have to find historian's interpretations for our A level coursework and I'm really struggling to find some because our library is really small. Does anyone know of any online resources e.g. books, essays, articles etc? Also if anyone has any advice on how long they should be/how we should use them that would be super helpful. Thanks xxx
Original post by livyc
We have to find historian's interpretations for our A level coursework and I'm really struggling to find some because our library is really small. Does anyone know of any online resources e.g. books, essays, articles etc? Also if anyone has any advice on how long they should be/how we should use them that would be super helpful. Thanks xxx

It does rather depend on the topic...
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
It does rather depend on the topic...

I'm doing German economic development 1870-1990
Original post by livyc
I'm doing German economic development 1870-1990

Possibilities...

First you need to find the historians whose views on German economic development might be relevant. Look at the bibliography in your text book, or try that in articles like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_Germany.

Then you need to locate the books and articles which appear useful. Some books might be online, in part at least, eg one of the books by Richard Overy cited in the wiki article above. You might be able to get journal articles through JSTOR - set yourself up with an account and search their database.

Two alternative ways of getting books. Firstly, buy them - try second-hand through www.bookfinder.com. Secondly, ask for your local public library to get them for you through the inter-library system.
Reply 4
Your tutor should give you some clues, leads or examples. You are looking for extracts about a chapter long. It sounds like you need to ask for some more guidance: inter-library loans are great but you perhaps aren't at undergrad level research quite yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending