Urgent help needed for university choices!!!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I have the choice of either doing a ba economics at Sheffield or a Bsc economics at Sussex but I don't know which one to choose as I'm scared that choosing the ba will decrease my chance of getting a good job and Sussex is higher in the league tables. But Sheffield is more well known

Please help need response by tommorow

ReputationRep:
    A BA won't decrease your chance of getting a job. Look at the course modules and choose which course you would enjoy more. Obsessing over league tables is unnecessary, they are both respected universities and you will need work experience before you get a job regardless of which university you go to/which bachelors you get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_k_s)
    I have the choice of either doing a ba economics at Sheffield or a Bsc economics at Sussex but I don't know which one to choose as I'm scared that choosing the ba will decrease my chance of getting a good job and Sussex is higher in the league tables. But Sheffield is more well known

You have nearly 3 months before you have to finalise your 5 choices and don't pick a firm until April.

There's no urgency to decide - use half term to go and visit them both.

ReputationRep:
    My school deadline is tomorrow and both are my optimistic options but Sussex is closer to me as I live in London. However I feel that Sussex might be less competitive from reading student room but I'm not sure if I should just go for it and pick Sheffield. I like both courses and I've heard that you can switch later on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_k_s)
    My school deadline is tomorrow and both are my optimistic options but Sussex is closer to me as I live in London. However I feel that Sussex might be less competitive from reading student room but I'm not sure if I should just go for it and pick Sheffield. I like both courses and I've heard that you can switch later on
    You can leave a choice and add choices later on track.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm in a similar position to you. Where else are you thinking of applying?

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is a lot better than Sussex. Don't bother looking at league times. Kings is ranked 56th for Economics, which is so stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_k_s)

Sheffield is the better uni imho!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.