Are pharmacist still in demand in the UK?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    One of the course I was interseted in studying was Pharmacy, but I been hearing that it not in demand as it used to be? So in your opinion you think doing a degree is worth it?

ReputationRep:
    they aren't in demand as they used to be imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovejoy212)
    they aren't in demand as they used to be imo.
    Is it not worth pursuing then?

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be a Pharmacist, you should absolutely do it. True, the job market isn't as grear as it used to be, but honestly, those with the drive and ambition (which, strangely enough, can only be derived from actual enjoyment of the job) will be fine.

If you're only interested in it for the money or respectable career, I'd think twice. As someone who has been there, done it, and bought the t-shirt, it's not exactly the most rewarding or enjoyable job in the world; actually, considering the high workload and stress, it's not even that well paid. And yes, there is danger that you won't find unemployment when you finished - which is why you need to be driven enough to ensure all your applications stand out.

But I know many Pharmacists who are in love with the job and very happy, warts in the profession and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenPetal)
    If you want to be a Pharmacist, you should absolutely do it. True, the job market isn't as grear as it used to be, but honestly, those with the drive and ambition (which, strangely enough, can only be derived from actual enjoyment of the job) will be fine.

If you're only interested in it for the money or respectable career, I'd think twice. As someone who has been there, done it, and bought the t-shirt, it's not exactly the most rewarding or enjoyable job in the world; actually, considering the high workload and stress, it's not even that well paid. And yes, there is danger that you won't find unemployment when you finished - which is why you need to be driven enough to ensure all your applications stand out.

But I know many Pharmacists who are in love with the job and very happy, warts in the profession and all.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.